Foros de discusión

Get a 6.1.1 Portlet running on a 6.1.0 Liferay

thumbnail
Arthur Grohe, modificado hace 11 años.

Get a 6.1.1 Portlet running on a 6.1.0 Liferay

Junior Member Mensajes: 49 Fecha de incorporación: 5/11/12 Mensajes recientes
Happy new year!

I have developed a Portlet with 6.1.1 SDK but now a customer wants it for a 6.1.0 Liferay.
Is this in some way possible?

I rebuilt the portlet with SDK 6.1.0 but that didnt work(got several errors).
I also set the version propery to 6.1.0+ in liferay-plugin-package.properties with no effect.

The customer is trying to upgrade to 6.1.1 for almost a year now... so to wait until he finishes this is not the right strategy.

Has someone a good idea?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Get a 6.1.1 Portlet running on a 6.1.0 Liferay

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
So what are the errors? They will indicate where things may have changed between 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 that you've targeted.

Fixing those errors should give you a working version...
thumbnail

the errors are:
ortal.servlet.[b]FriendlyURLServlet[/b].service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:138)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:163)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:335)

Caused by: com.sun.faces.mgbean.[b]ManagedBeanCreationException[/b]: An error occurred performing resource injection on managed ...

and
com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.[b]BeanLocatorException[/b]: BeanLocator has not been set for servlet context xyz...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
BeanLocator has not been set is a rather common exception, actually. There's a number of posts on the forum for how to resolve these issues...
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Have you checked the following thread?

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/11195275
thumbnail

Ok folks, I solved the beanlocator exception(Problem was that I renamed my Project in Eclipse, because I copied it before to not disturb the running 6.1.1 version...),
but now, when I'm trying to add the portlet to the page, I get one last exception:

10:58:20,142 INFO  [PortalImpl:4873] [b]Current URL /poller/receive generates exception: null[/b]
10:58:25,979 INFO  [PortalImpl:4873] Current URL /poller/receive generates exception: null
10:58:28,426 ERROR [render_portlet_jsp:154] j[b]ava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.service.BaseLocalService[/b]
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1688)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1533)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2823)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1160)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1655)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1533)
	at de.acocon.liferay.service.service.bean.IdeaListController.getList(IdeaListController.java:149)
	at de.acocon.liferay.service.service.bean.IdeaListController.init(IdeaListController.java:62)
	at com.sun.faces.vendor.WebContainerInjectionProvider.invokeAnnotatedMethod(WebContainerInjectionProvider.java:117)
	at com.sun.faces.vendor.WebContainerInjectionProvider.invokePostConstruct(WebContainerInjectionProvider.java:99)
	at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanBuilder.invokePostConstruct(BeanBuilder.java:223)
	at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanBuilder.build(BeanBuilder.java:105)
	at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanManager.createAndPush(BeanManager.java:409)
	at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanManager.create(BeanManager.java:269)
	at com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.resolveBean(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:244)
	at com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:116)
	at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver._getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:176)

Any ideas?
thumbnail

hm... no ideas yet?

Could it be that the Liferay 6.1.0 doesn't contain com.liferay.portal.service.BaseLocalService and therefore I get this error?
Or does Liferay 6.1.0 load this class other then 6.1.1 does? Or is this class in another package/location in the different versions?

Another more general question: What is the best way to get a Portlet with higher version running in a Portal with lower version?
I can think of two possibilities:
1. Download the SDK of the desired Portal-Version and replace it in the eclipse project, then rebuild and solve all erorrs.(what I did so far)
2. Just try to install the Portlet in the desired Portal and resolve all errors.(tried first of course, but got same errors)

P.S. See stackoverflow for latest infos