Foros de discusión

LR 6.11 GA2 CMS very slow and uses a lot of cpu

thumbnail
William Gosse, modificado hace 11 años.

LR 6.11 GA2 CMS very slow and uses a lot of cpu

Liferay Master Mensajes: 533 Fecha de incorporación: 4/07/10 Mensajes recientes
I just upgraded a 6.05 portal to 6.11 GA2. For the most part everything seems to work ok and the upgrade process went fairly smootth. We did migrate all are custom development as for 6.11.

The one issue I'm noticing is with the Content Management System, especially the web content editor. Using it is very slow and causes a tremendous cpu load to occur.

Is there something that can be done about this. We didn't really notice this problem with 6.05.
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: LR 6.11 GA2 CMS very slow and uses a lot of cpu

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
probably need more info before the community can assess ...

what's your system architecture? are you running db on the same machine as liferay-portal? (if so, the cpu spike could be due to db queries)
what's your permission scheme? have you checked the size of the db table related to permission?

what's probably needed is a profiling of your machine to see where the bottlenecks are.
thumbnail

Again I'm talking about the out of the box CMS web content editor that comes with Liferay 6.11, so this is nothing that we've developed or added.

I'm on a win2008 server with 8gb memory and two Zeon processors. Actually its an EC2 instance, however its the same exact instance that I had my 6.05 portal deployed on. 6.05 did not have the same kind of issues that I'm seeing with 6.11.

I'm using a MySql database for Liferay's schema and again its the same exact database that I had 6.05 on as well

So the major change was from 6.05 to 6.11.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes

CMS web content editor

I am a bit confused why you reference the CMS web content editor specifically. To me that means the WYSWYG editor (ckeditor fckeditor or whatever u are using) ...

I have played with a few AWS EC2 for Liferay (small instance at minimum) ; is your mysql on the same EC2 instance ? or are u using RDS ? have you a custom setenv to manage JVM ? and if so can u provide ?
thumbnail

I'm using the editor that comes with Liferay for creating web content display.

We are on an EC2 large (8gb ram and 2 cores). Mysql is on the same box as well.
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
sounds like this is a client side issue with the javascript? you can monitor the load on your server side and see if there's any anomalies. as for the client side, see if you can use firebug or other tools to investigate whether there's a javascript error or missing resources, etc.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Are you talking about the server side or the client javascript?