Foros de discusión

Manage Pages page tree not working with IE 6 and Liferay 5.1.2

Barbara Gruber, modificado hace 15 años.

Manage Pages page tree not working with IE 6 and Liferay 5.1.2

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 24/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

We too noticed that the Expand All / Collapse Child pages functionality in Manage Pages does not work in IE6. One only sees the top level pages, but no child pages at all. We are using Liferay 5.1.2.

This problem was raised originally at this post: Original Expand All IE6 problem message

Then, bug LEP-6255 was raised to fix this - but then LEP-6255 was simply closed because the developer could not re-produce the problem. Strange, as we still get this problem with Liferay 5.1.2.

Does anybody else still have this problem?? Is there a fix for this?
hawk315 315 hawk, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Manage Pages page tree not working with IE 6 and Liferay 5.1.2

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 12/11/08 Mensajes recientes
yes.
IE 7 + Liferay OK
FireFox + Liferay OK
thumbnail
Tarun S. Kayasth, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 162 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Barbara,

You are correct, manage pages tree is not working in IE6 for Version 5.1.4 as well.

Do we have any updates for this fix?

Thanks,

Tarun Kayasth
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Sure - hawk315 named them. I'll add IE8 & Safari to the list. ;-)
thumbnail
Diana Lee Diehl, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 7/07/08 Mensajes recientes
FireFox 3.5.3 & IE8, and Chrome with LifeRay 5.2.4 has this problem

Please note that the tree may work for a while and then suddenly stop, especially with a fresh browser. Just tested with Google Chrome, and it worked for about 5 minutes. After moving to other parts of the Manage Pages interface (Look and Feel, Children), the Expand All Collapse All links were no longer visible and the triangles for expanding or collapsing a section stopped working.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
See LPS-4260. Also the link to the original message board entry in Barbaras post is broken - it's here
thumbnail

Thank you for those links, Olaf. From what I read there, the fix is the upgrade to 5.3, is that correct? I could not tell whether they were talking about Standard or EE. We are still on the 5.2.4 EE demo, and the problem is with all the browsers I've tried (my usual suspects: IE8, FF 3.5.3, and Google Chrome 3.0.195.21.

So exactly what version of LR EE do we need? When we get our contracts signed for 5.2.4 EE will there be a patch available to us to apply to this version?
thumbnail

The way Liferay versioning works, Community Edition for 5.2 is up to 5.2.3. From 5.2.4 it's Enterprise Edition. 5.3 currently is not even out and will stay Community Edition for a while until it's been more thoroughly tested and hardened. (I hope that 5.2.4 will at some point be opened to CE as 5.3 is still not out and there are quite a few annoying bugs fixed but not readily available in any packaged version right now)

As the Jira-ticket doesn't reveal too much about the specific EE version it's been fixed in, you should ask someone from Liferay Inc, e.g. the sales person that will/would accept your signature for the EE contract, directly. They should know exactly. Now that you have a reference to a closed ticket it should be easy for them.

Also you might have a look at the "FishEye" tab in the ticket where you'll see the patch done and verify if it's contained in your version.
thumbnail

Olaf Kock:
. From 5.2.4 it's Enterprise Edition. 5.3 currently is not even out and will stay Community Edition for a while until it's been more thoroughly tested and hardened. (I hope that 5.2.4 will at some point be opened to CE as 5.3 is still not out and there are quite a few annoying bugs fixed but not readily available in any packaged version right now)

That's unfortunate, since we are dead-in-the-water. I am not authorized to sign, so I am just stuck with a deadline and a version that does not work. It's way beyond annoying, since with the disappearing editor window bug and the frozen tree bug, the CMS portion of LifeRay is pretty much unusable. Thank you for your help and suggestions.
thumbnail

On the other hand: If you locate the showstopper bugs on issues.liferay.com there's the patches available at the "Fisheye" tab. Patching them in your local installation is fairly easy - I've done it with our showstoppers myself, and it's always easy. With these you don't even need to keep an eye on them during later updates, as they will disappear automatically emoticon

In the case of IE6-problems I always believe that updating that side of a showstopper bug (to either later versions of IE or different browsers) is easier and more rewarding. But then, I'm not working in an area, where politics influences technical decisions...

Promised: Patching liferay with the bugs/patches/fixes available through issues.liferay.com is really easy. If you're not authorized to sign money but able to invest some of your time, this might be the path to happiness. You don't get that choice from many other vendors.