Foros de discusión

RE: Anyone upgraded MySql from 5.1 to 5.5 in 6.0.6?

thumbnail
Peter B West, modificado hace 12 años.

Anyone upgraded MySql from 5.1 to 5.5 in 6.0.6?

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/09 Mensajes recientes
I'm running 6.0.6 tomcat 6.0.29 with MySql 5.1. Has anyone tried to upgrade their MySql installation to 5.5? I experimented with this a while back, and the portal refused to come up in my tests, so I left it alone.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm using MySQL 5.5 in production without any problem. I've just used 5.5 from the start and didn't version up.
What problem did you have with the upgrade?
thumbnail

I don't remember the details, but the instance was fairly badly screwed up. Rather than try to track it down, I just backed off and left the production instance alone. It may have been a trivial incompatibility, but it made the instance unusable.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Just out of curiosity, how did you upgrade your MySQL? Did you use export/import?
thumbnail

Sorry about the delay in getting back.

Frankly, I can't remember the details. I think I did export/import, but I can't swear to it. Thanks for the feedback.
thumbnail

Thanks. Didn't have any problem upgrading default mysql that comes by default in CentOS 5.x to 5.5.
May have been engine difference.
thumbnail
Peter B West, modificado hace 11 años.

To tidy this one up:

I have been able to upgrade without (Liferay) problems, and without export/import, by following the recommended procedure for MySQL, while Liferay was shut down.

The process is described in the MySQL documentation for 5.5.

I'm running OS X Lion as my development machine, with the live server on a Unbuntu 10.4 VM. The problem that I did have was that the OS X install process for 5.5 left an incompatible variable value in the /etc/my.cnf file. This was causing a failure of MySQl. Once I tracked that down, and made sure it was not causing problems on either system.

The 5.5 value is skip-external-locking. From memory, the earlier, incompatible value is skip-locking.

Peter
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Yes, I just did a upgrade from MySQL 5.1 to 5.6 and didn't encounter any problem too. :-)