Foros de discusión

Liferay Japanese category?

thumbnail
Kenji Nakamura, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Japanese category?

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 4/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I was looking for an enterprise portal solution for Japanese companies. Liferay blew me away, but Japanese translation looks like done by machinery and needs to improve the quality. I also expect some Japanese specific issues such as character encoding etc.
So I'd like to propose to create a category "Liferay 日本語” (Japanese, as you may guess), and foster the discussion to advocate Liferay in Japanese community.

Thanks,

Kenji
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Liferay Japanese category?

Liferay Master Mensajes: 576 Fecha de incorporación: 19/11/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Kenji

Thank you for suggesting the creation of a "Liferay 日本語" category. You will now be able to find the new category among the other Liferay categories. I hope this will help to foster and grow the Japanese communities that are using Liferay.

Also thank you for your interest in improving the Japanese translation. Here is a link to where you can get started.
Liferay Language Contributions

I hope this helps. Thanks

-mike
thumbnail
Kenji Nakamura, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 4/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response and pointer for the translation. I'm looking into it and hopefully check in the updated translation file soon.

Thanks,

Kenji
Michael Venford, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello, Kenji

Could you, please, check if Liferay supports Japanese user IDs -- i.e. encoded in Japanese?

Thanks a lot.

Mike Venford.