Foros de discusión

Liferay 6.1 EE - GA

thumbnail
Yves LeGrand, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay 6.1 EE - GA

Regular Member Mensajes: 156 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Liferay.

Any news about the release date of Liferay 6.1 EE?
There are some great improvments coming with Liferay 6.1.

Best regards,
Yves
Tomek Lipski, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Liferay 6.1 EE - GA

Junior Member Mensajes: 32 Fecha de incorporación: 17/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Yves LeGrand:
Hi Liferay.

Any news about the release date of Liferay 6.1 EE?
There are some great improvments coming with Liferay 6.1.

Best regards,
Yves

Hey Yves,

I am not an employee of Liferay, so these are just my opinions, but you might want to track progress of issues in Liferay's JIRA, especially: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel.

Sprint RC to GA version has a deadline of 30/Dec/2011 for some time, but there are only 6 bugs to be fixed! So it looks like somewhere around 30. December GA version might be available emoticon

Best regards,

Tomek Lipski
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Yes, and from Jira, RC1 should be coming out today!
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Liferay 6.1 EE - GA is available since februari 17th.

http://www.liferay.com/group/customer/downloads/liferay-portal/6.1
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Any idea when liferay.com is going to switch up to 6.1 EE? I usually use that as my indicator that 6.1 is actually ready for production...
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
If i understand you correctly, "Switch up" means make publicly available ?
But that is what this GA version is about . it is out for production.
Having said this we 4 projects on 6.1 CE and it is yet to buggy for production.
Historically i think CE is stable after GA3.

But since we do not really have experience with the current Liferay lifecycle, my predictions are that companies like ours implement 6.1 at rapid pace generating a lot of P1 issues, so after a month or two this hopefully will be reflected somehow in the CE source.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
By "switch up", I mean when will the liferay.com website itself start using 6.1... It was quite awhile after the 6.0 release before liferay.com went from 5.2EE to 6.0EE, and I believe they did the switch when they felt it was ready for their site. 6.0 was actually out quite awhile before they did the upgrade, but I saw the upgrade as the final blessing that it was 'good to go'.

I'm not trying to say that 6.1 CE is buggy (although some users are reporting issues), but as a lever to get management to sign off on the upgrade, being able to say that liferay.com is running the latest version is quite useful...
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
By "switch up", I mean when will the liferay.com website itself start using 6.1... It was quite awhile after the 6.0 release before liferay.com went from 5.2EE to 6.0EE, and I believe they did the switch when they felt it was ready for their site. 6.0 was actually out quite awhile before they did the upgrade, but I saw the upgrade as the final blessing that it was 'good to go'.

I'm not trying to say that 6.1 CE is buggy (although some users are reporting issues), but as a lever to get management to sign off on the upgrade, being able to say that liferay.com is running the latest version is quite useful...

Ah a such, i misunderstood completely.
For what it is worth componence.com is running on 6.1 CE emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Corné Aussems:
David H Nebinger:

Ah a such, i misunderstood completely.
For what it is worth componence.com is running on 6.1 CE emoticon

We have tentatively planned to upgrade liferay.com to 6.1 EE later this year. But that's just because we have many other projects currently in progress, so we slotted it in where it made sense, not because it's not ready for production emoticon The features in 6.1 will really make our lives easier when maintaining liferay.com!
thumbnail

James Falkner:
We have tentatively planned to upgrade liferay.com to 6.1 EE later this year. But that's just because we have many other projects currently in progress, so we slotted it in where it made sense, not because it's not ready for production emoticon The features in 6.1 will really make our lives easier when maintaining liferay.com!

We're excited about 6.1 also. I just don't want to pull the trigger too early. Even w/ 6.0 EE, there is SP1 and SP2, plus optional fixpacks. I'm sure over time the 6.1 line will have the same sort of thing, and waiting to see what release liferay.com uses will help w/ the push to do the upgrade ourselves.

I understand that you need to fit it into a schedule, as we have the same concerns.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I remember the last upgrade. It sure wasn't too pretty. It wasn't too much with Liferay version but seemed more of the upgrade process which included adding new capabilities enabled by the new release.
Best to leave liferay.com stable because I need it to be up without too many problems.

Just let users know the status and let them makes the choice based on it.