Foros de discusión

Employee section in the website

thumbnail
Zeeshan Khan, modificado hace 12 años.

Employee section in the website

Expert Mensajes: 349 Fecha de incorporación: 21/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi All !!

I have a requirement to add a section EMPLOYEE TAB in my website which should contain :-

Employee Section: Employee section is a read only page for all employees. With
revamped website, we would want:

 Each employee to have separate user id and password (from Company)

 Dynamic pages for employees to update their personal details on contact details
password, personal profile etc.

 Administrator with privilege to update monthly Company magazine

 Administrator with privilege to update Company News (internal)

 Administrator with privilege to update HR section (company policies etc,)
Liferay Question, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Employee section in the website

thumbnail

Hi !

The company in which i am working is the client. We are building the website for our organization only.

Thnx !
Liferay Question, modificado hace 12 años.

thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 246 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Liferay Question:
Thats awesome. Now if they can just outsource the work then it will be cool. The questions you are asking is complete requirement and not a problem. Its as if you are getting some requirement as a developer and just blurting that out in forum. You havent even taken pain to just read the requirement and see liferay and read about liferay and map the requirements!!!

LOL. Where is "I like it" button where you need it emoticon
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hey, "Liferay Question", let's take it easy and be polite. (By the way, you may want to think in changing your nick name, as it seems you are an official liferay employee or something).

Apart from that, Zeeshan Khan, if you want people to help you, you should be more concrete when posting your problems in the forums.
Please detail why you need help from the community to solve your requirements or help for organizing your organization's information architecture.

Thanks guys,
Juan
Questions ?, modificado hace 12 años.

thumbnail

Questions ?:
Sorry Juan emoticon Just carried away

Each employee to have separate user id and password (from Company) -

I assume you dont want people to create accounts but just the admins to do the same and manage it. In that case Go to Control Panel -->Settings-->Authentication and uncheck uncheck strangers to create account and strangers to create account with company mail address

Dynamic pages for employees to update their personal details on contact details password, personal profile etc.

You may consider allowing users to private pages and create a new portlet to do the same. Or users can just update it from MyAccount in control panel. See the way this website is currently allowing user to update their details

Administrator with privilege to update monthly Company magazine
Company magazine can be anything from normal webcontent to complex model for a magazine for your company. The former is easier. You can just place a webcontent display portlet on one of the pages and allow users with certain rights to update the same. The second option would require custom portlet

Administrator with privilege to update Company News (internal)

Again webcontent with Liferay permissions for the news to a particular role

Administrator with privilege to update HR section (company policies etc,)

Again webcontent with Liferay permissions for policies to a particular role

Regards,
Questions?

sorry but i dont want to see ur post in the threads that i have created.....for ur kind information i would to like admit that before posting my question , i had already able to do requirement no 1,4 and 5 from my question......but just wanted to know the views of u guys(now except u) as i suppose u guyz(except u) as more knowledgable in LIFEERAY than me...

thnx a lot for ur reply!!
thumbnail

First: Calm down. He gave you the answers you wanted
Second: you must admit he have a point there ;) (a little one but still)
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Khan,

Each employee to have separate user id and password (from Company)
- This thing is by default there with liferay

Dynamic pages for employees to update their personal details on contact details
- I would say user profile page where we can put some summary portlet and all in other word social activities portlet.

1) Administrator with privilege to update monthly Company magazine
2) Administrator with privilege to update Company News (internal)
3) Administrator with privilege to update HR section (company policies etc,)

- For above three we can create roles which can have diff-diff rights.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

Sagar A Vyas:
Hi Khan,

- I would say user profile page where we can put some summary portlet and all in other word social activities portlet.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas

thnx very much Sagar !!!
Questions ?, modificado hace 12 años.

thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Guys,

We are not here to discuss whether given question has what point or what not.

If some buddy ask question there could be only two possibilities either give answer if know or just read it and leave.

If Question is related to requirement though we can give answer up-to some limit.

There is no need to discuss(fight) on this.

Liferay Community has created positive environment where people really find there solution and revert back to community. please dont mess up it.

Use it for your personal and professional growth rather putting some words war emoticon

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
Ashwin Khandelwal, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Agreed with Sagar!!!

If someone pushes any question may it be in form of requirement according to some people . It should be handled properly and maturely with experienced people. Making fun and commenting would push image of this great community in despair. And i am very much in agreement with words of zesshan as he not put requirement to be fulfilled he just want to know experienced people suggestions.After all even developer should take some expert view into consideration before taking pain of fulfilling requirement.
I myself new to liferay may sometimes put problem which may be looking like requirement but i am not expecting anyone to make things for me but i wish to get some useful outputs from experts.

Bye!!!
thumbnail

Ashwin Khandelwal:
If someone pushes any question may it be in form of requirement according to some people . It should be handled properly and maturely with experienced people. Making fun and commenting would push image of this great community in despair. And i am very much in agreement with words of zesshan as he not put requirement to be fulfilled he just want to know experienced people suggestions.After all even developer should take some expert view into consideration before taking pain of fulfilling requirement.
I myself new to liferay may sometimes put problem which may be looking like requirement but i am not expecting anyone to make things for me but i wish to get some useful outputs from experts.

In terms of Liferay University idea coming up I want to ask you why you (or Zeeshan) don't know what features from your requirements Liferay has or not? Is it some kind of problem with wiki? Maybe lack of some kind of documentation or specific instruction?
Maybe Liferay should prepare more detailed features list?
thumbnail

Hi,

I dont why uir arguing so much, do u have any point to prove that ur best in liferay . We prepare community to develope thing enhance whts lacking by addressing issue faced by fellow users.If some start classifying issue on requirement and problem basis it would put serious problem for new ones. You guyz are experienced one and thts why we believe u can help us. Once we join ur stage we will help others but if u start discriminating thn community can't proceed in good health.

So its my request to you guyz if u feel u dont want to help people who r less experienced than you better don't but don't make fun or criticize .

Thnks And be co-operative!!!
thumbnail

I am sorry Liferay community for being the part of this mess...

I will try to bring much order in my behavior and do hope same from others to.
thumbnail

Ashwin Khandelwal:
I am sorry Liferay community for being the part of this mess...

I will try to bring much order in my behavior and do hope same from others to.

thats very cool ashwin...thnx bro....
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Ashwin Khandelwal:
Agreed with Sagar!!!

Bye!!!

+1 it doesn't matter if someone cuts and pastes requirements from a requirements doc into a forum post and asks people how to resolve it.. that's what the community is all about -- helping fellow community members with Liferay. So please be considerate of others, they may not have any clue how to handle a question or requirement, and that's why they come here! And as far as "Questions ?", could you please change to use your real name in your profile? Thanks!

James Falkner
Liferay Community Manager
Clark Kent, modificado hace 12 años.

thumbnail

Sagar A Vyas:
Hi Khan,

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas

Hi Sagar !!

can u plz throw some light on the second requirement, i.e.-----> Dynamic pages for employees to update their personal details on contact details

thnx !!!
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 803 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
There is already one section available My account for the current logedin user.
So any logged in user can update this information.
Hope its clear !!!!
thumbnail

Jignesh Vachhani:
There is already one section available My account for the current logedin user.
So any logged in user can update this information.
Hope its clear !!!!

yeah ...right...thnx jignesh....

can u plz come down to this thread http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/11414382 and give ur valuable answers...

thnx !!