Foros de discusión

Shopping Portlet

thumbnail
John Parker, modificado hace 15 años.

Shopping Portlet

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/07 Mensajes recientes
Can anyone point me to some documentation for the Shopping portlet? I am about to provide someone a quote for a website, and one of the requirements is some light e-commerce. I don't want to quote him for a Liferay implementation if I can't do the e-commerce part easily.

Is it PayPal only? I see some open bugs, some dating back years. Is this an orphan?

Is it as simple as putting in a Paypal email address in the config page?

Thanks for any info...
thumbnail

RE: Shopping Portlet

Should I assume this is not a usable portlet? Without documentation or any indication that it works at all I am very reluctant to tell a client that it even exists.
Jonathan Lyons, modificado hace 15 años.

thumbnail

Thanks very much, that gives me some confidence.

Maybe someday someone will write some documentation for it. Maybe me if I ever figure out how to use it. ;-)
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 94 Fecha de incorporación: 31/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Have you figured this out? I just played around with it and got it to work. Make sure you turn on the IPN settings in your paypal account (I just did a search while being signed in)

One thing I cannot figure out however is subscriptions. Any help with this? I just provide services for a monthly fee and do not need to sell items so much as subscriptions for my services.

I can do it from within paypal if I wanted to paste code and things into liferay, but am trying to keep it as clean as possible.

Or maybe use a journal article with the html for the subscription buttons in it??

Thanks
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado hace 15 años.

Ryan Terwedo:
Have you figured this out? I just played around with it and got it to work. Make sure you turn on the IPN settings in your paypal account (I just did a search while being signed in)

One thing I cannot figure out however is subscriptions. Any help with this? I just provide services for a monthly fee and do not need to sell items so much as subscriptions for my services.

I can do it from within paypal if I wanted to paste code and things into liferay, but am trying to keep it as clean as possible.

Or maybe use a journal article with the html for the subscription buttons in it??

Thanks

You can bill for subscriptions via paypal by editing a journal article and placing the code paypayl gives into the articile...

Had anyone found a way to incorporate this with the user DB so that only paying users can authenticate and a new user is created after paying?
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado hace 14 años.

I have found it is possible to have paypal manage subscriptions if you turn on IPN settings in paypal acct and install a perl script on the server.

I am not familar with that so I am not even going to try. It essentially creates a custom username and password for you when they pay and then passes this info to you that you must incorporate into your db. they specificly address using a LAMP setup in their examples.

Seems like its possible but way out of my league if anyone has any info or can contribute.

https://www.paypal.com//en_US/pdf/installation.pdf

Ryan
thumbnail
Jakub Liska, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 187 Fecha de incorporación: 25/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ryan,

have you managed to incorporate the shopping plugin into the subscription process ? I'm doing the same right now and I somehow got stuck in the same situation as you did.
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado hace 13 años.

Depends what you are trying to do... I didnt want to go down that path, which may work, however seems like a nightmare having paypap define usernames etc.

If you want to just have subscriptions, but no workflow from it (ie they are separate) You can just put html buttons generated from paypal for subscriptions in a web content display article. Paypal will handle all subscription info and you handle all user creation/role info.

The user will have to be registered, or "upgraded" manually but depending on your userbase it may be manageable.

I have a smaller one so I am just waiting on the community and doing it manually for now.
thumbnail
Mani kandan, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 492 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
How to get all the values from Paypal like Transaction Id, amount, product name etc in my jsp file?
I was able to send all these values to paypal, the paypal also getting my values.
But the problem is, I don't how to get these values which I sent to paypal in my jsp file.

I tried something like this but no luck.
String amount=request.getParameter("amount");
String amount= ParamUtil.getString(request, "amount");

Here my form,
<form action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="mani_m_1311931711_biz@yahoo.com" />
<input type="hidden" name="tx" value="TransactionID">
<input type="hidden" name="quantity" value="2" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="230" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://localhost:8080/web/guest/payment" />
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://localhost:8080/web/guest/payment" />
</form>

I am using "post" method. I am able to send the data(like quantity,amount etc.,) to paypal.
My return and cancel_return URL is http://localhost:8080/web/guest/payment means return to my portlet.
while return to my portlet from paypal i am not able to get those data (like quantity,amount etc.,) in my jsp file.
Jean-Pierre Doggett, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 5/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I know this post was some time ago but I wondered if anyone found a portlet or an easier way to incorporate subscriptions via Paypal into a Liferay site?

Thanks,

JP
nicholas dipiazza, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 5/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi - I as well am interested.
Milan Kostoláni, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 92 Fecha de incorporación: 26/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

following this wiki and current topic is the best solution.
Krishan Babbar, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 12/07/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi

I saw Shopping Portlet (http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen12-shopping-0) and it seems working fine.
I have a query related to it.

Is it possible if I want to change its UI?
Actually I want to make its UI matching with my portal.

If yes, then how?

Thanks,
Krishan