Foros de discusión

jenkin build issue in liferay service builder

thumbnail
Bikash Ghibila, modificado hace 6 años.

jenkin build issue in liferay service builder

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 31/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

We have create a service builder using liferay developer studio.Let say the name of the Portlet is A.
And changed the service builder portlets to maven spring portlets.
and placed the service jar into repo folder of liferay and build the portlet sucessfully.

Issue arises when, we move the portlet in other environment and build all our portlet with jenkin build.

we need to run lifray:service-builder first and then mvn install through jenkin build for the portlet A.

Can you please tell how to run liferay:service-build first and then mvn install for the particular portlet A through jenkin build.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Bikash
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: jenkin build issue in liferay service builder

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2416 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Bikash,

Maybe I am not understanding the question but it just looks like a multi-step build process. Alternatively you could multiple build projects and just set one as dependent on the other completing.

Is that what you are talking about? If it is, this is not really a question of "Liferay" per say, but seems like more of a Jenkins question. You might be better off asking this question in a jenkins forum.
thumbnail
Bikash Ghibila, modificado hace 6 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 31/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.Yes probably you understand my issue and may be i need to post in jenkin forum also.

But still trying to clarify my issue in details because assuming developers must have faced this issue once if they are using jenkin build.

we are using jenkin build for building liferay custom portlets.

Let say my custom portlet is A. i want to build the portlet in two steps 1)liferay:build-service and 2) mvn clean install and for the rest mvn clean install only.

How can i configure jenkin build to achieve the solution
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2416 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Still sounds like a multi-step build process. Though I think your order is wrong. You have --

1. liferay:build-service
2. clean
3. install

... but I think it makes more sense to do

1. clean
2. liferay:build-service
3. install

... at least for me it does. Clean everything out first, generate the code, then run the install (which will build). I'm still not clear on what your issue is -- are you getting an error or something?