Foros de discusión

[LF6.2GA6] Export/import User and Organization

Diego Cantone, modificado hace 6 años.

[LF6.2GA6] Export/import User and Organization

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 10/11/16 Mensajes recientes
Hello, today i was trying to make an export/import of user and organization from one portal to another, i noticed that in the section "User and Organization" i can make the export of organizations in a .Lar file that i can also import, but for the users the only option is a .csv that i can not import..
I'm missing something? There is some script in groovy or JS to import the CSV? I have to write the code myself?
Thank you.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: [LF6.2GA6] Export/import User and Organization

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Liferay out of the box, doesn't provide the functionality of exporting/importing users thought LAR files.

You have following alternatives:
  • Implement your custom java code and call to Liferay user API in order to query source system and create users in destination system
  • Use one of following non-official export/import applications: User Export Import Plugin and CSV User Import. Both applications weren't implemented by Liferay
  • Install virtual LDAP plugin in source, that plugin exposes Liferay user information using LDAP protocol. After installing it in source, you have to configure LDAP import in Liferay destination installation. Virtual LDAP is an official application implemented by Liferay.
Diego Cantone, modificado hace 6 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 10/11/16 Mensajes recientes
Jorge Díaz:
Liferay out of the box, doesn't provide the functionality of exporting/importing users thought LAR files.

You have following alternatives:
  • Implement your custom java code and call to Liferay user API in order to query source system and create users in destination system
  • Use one of following non-official export/import applications: User Export Import Plugin and CSV User Import. Both applications weren't implemented by Liferay
  • Install virtual LDAP plugin in source, that plugin exposes Liferay user information using LDAP protocol. After installing it in source, you have to configure LDAP import in Liferay destination installation. Virtual LDAP is an official application implemented by Liferay.

Ok thanks, i've followed the first option!
Marc Pich Planas, modificado hace 4 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/19 Mensajes recientes
Hello Jorge!Can you give me more information about how to implement the first option?
"Implement your custom java code and call to Liferay user API in order to query source system and create users in destination system"
I'm new in lifray and I need help. I need migrate users from 6.2 to 7.2Thanks in advance for your help!