Foros de discusión

LocaleTransformerListener - Unable to filter by localizability (NPE)

Ketan Solanki, modificado hace 6 años.

LocaleTransformerListener - Unable to filter by localizability (NPE)

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 28/05/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I have written program to add/update structure/template and the same for journal article aka web content. I have been able to successfully implement all 3 components programatically, so when I add a new web content it is added to Liferay and I can show those web content successfully on the page too!

However on the Liferay console, I get an NPE error as following (full stack trace is attached)

23:15:53,026 ERROR [http-nio-8080-exec-7][LocaleTransformerListener:193] Unable to filter by localizability
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.LocaleTransformerListener.filter(LocaleTransformerListener.java:92)
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.LocaleTransformerListener.filterByLocalizability(LocaleTransformerListener.java:212)
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.LocaleTransformerListener.filterByLocalizability(LocaleTransformerListener.java:189)
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.LocaleTransformerListener.onXml(LocaleTransformerListener.java:70)
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.JournalTransformer.doTransform(JournalTransformer.java:187)
        at com.liferay.journal.transformer.JournalTransformer.transform(JournalTransformer.java:118)
        at com.liferay.journal.util.impl.JournalUtil.transform(JournalUtil.java:1177)
        at com.liferay.journal.service.impl.JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.getArticleDisplay(JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.java:7012)
        at com.liferay.journal.service.impl.JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.getArticleDisplay(JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.java:2012)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1605.invoke(Unknown Source)

I checked the concerned method which is as following, and my suspect is that NPE might be occurring at String languageId = dynamicContentElement.attributeValue("language-id"); line, I tried to debug the code but somehow my Liferay's jar files and source code in IDEA are not in sync and couldn't debug properly. I tried to check the Liferay's version of jar but I am not sure where to check that.

protected void filter(Element dynamicElementElement, DDMStructure ddmStructure, String name, String defaultLanguageId)
		throws PortalException {
		boolean localizable = GetterUtil.getBoolean(ddmStructure.getFieldProperty(name, "localizable"));
		List<element> dynamicContentElements = dynamicElementElement.elements("dynamic-content");
		for (Element dynamicContentElement : dynamicContentElements) {
			String languageId = dynamicContentElement.attributeValue("language-id");
			if (!localizable &amp;&amp; !languageId.equals(defaultLanguageId)) {
				dynamicElementElement.remove(dynamicContentElement);
			}
		}
	}</element>

This aside, when I add a new web content from the UI for the same structure/template, I don't get that error! Meaning, the problem is only in the web content (journal article) addition through my custom program. I tried to compare the content of the UI added web content and program added web content, they were same as well - except that I am not passing instance-id in the program web content. I also tried to pass the language-id field in my content but that didn't solve the problem.

I am not sure from where/why is this NPE is occurring. If you have any idea then please let me know.

P.S. I have added an attachment - createWebContent.txt - which contains the method I am using to add a new journal article - pls check if something is wrong here!

Thanks & Regards,
Ketan
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: LocaleTransformerListener - Unable to filter by localizability (NPE) (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/14 Mensajes recientes
I had a quick look your error and your code and I think the issue is in the title or in the content that you are getting from WebContentInput object.

Try creating a webcontent from both Liferay interface and your program. Execute a SQL query to JournalArticle table and compare all fields. If there is any difference, you have to fix something in your code.
Ketan Solanki, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: LocaleTransformerListener - Unable to filter by localizability (NPE)

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 28/05/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Jorge,

Thanks very much for your time for going through the documents and my questions, and also providing me feedback.

Your feedback has actually worked... emoticon

Though I compared the content of UI added and program added earlier as I had mentioned, I didn't go via table data I had just relied on the object retrieved via program and printing it on the console and in this process I had missed following thing to compare!

In the input data, i.e. content I had

<dynamic-content>Car</dynamic-content>

But I should have following
<dynamic-content language-id="en_US">Car</dynamic-content>
the language-id was missing on dynamic-content. Earlier I had added language-id field on dynamic-element which was wrong-not required.

Thanks again Jorge.

For the benefits of others, I am attaching the xml file of the input data

Archivos adjuntos: