Foros de discusión

Account Creation Notification

thumbnail
Brett Conoly, modificado hace 6 años.

Account Creation Notification

Regular Member Mensajes: 130 Fecha de incorporación: 19/07/07 Mensajes recientes
I'm trying to experiment with the Account Creation Notification found under the Portal Settings and I can't figure out when it actually sends those notifications. We don't allow for self-registration of our portal but we're hoping to utilize this email notification to "introduce" new users as their accounts are created within the system. Is there any way to use this feature to accomplish this?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Account Creation Notification

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Sure.

The email itself will be issued whenever a new account is being created, it doesn't matter if it is from self-registration (which you're not using) or as a result of creation from an administrator.

IIRC the email body itself is editable, but I cannot remember exactly where it is under 7 and I don't have my instance running at the moment, but it has always been part of the control panel to configure the message right in the UI.

I would add, though, that the current default template is extremely minimalistic. I think if I were going to want to send a really detailed message including a lot of html, embedded images and styling, etc., I would probably consider a model listener implementation to identify when the account is done being created and then issue the email myself, but this would be more of an "edge" case and not the norm.

Come meet me at 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Brett Conoly, modificado hace 6 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 130 Fecha de incorporación: 19/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the response David. I'm trying to get it done cheaply without pulling resources from other projects so I'd prefer to reuse what liferay already has although I do agree that we'd have a lot more control over a custom solution.

The interesting part is that it hasn't worked with my testing so far. I have several environments where I know liferay emails work but it is not sending an account creation email for some reason and it hasn't worked on my local either. Are you aware of any configurations in portal.properties or elsewhere which may disable this from working that I could be overlooking?

Thanks again
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hey, Brett, normally this points at email issues specifically instead of just account creation issues. I mean, I often set up my mail servers so they accept email from a very short set of whitelisted servers (in order to prevent spam, abuse, etc) and it could come down to the mail server accepting but discarding your emails.