Foros de discusión

lucene.store.type=jdbc sql error

thumbnail
Chad Shryock, modificado hace 17 años.

lucene.store.type=jdbc sql error

Expert Mensajes: 285 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I want to have lucene store in the database. So I changed the portal-ext.properties to have:
    lucene.store.type=jdbc

However, when I start the server I am getting this error:
19:24:17,751 ERROR [STDERR] Exception in thread "com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneIndexer.liferay.com" 
19:24:17,751 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not sql provided to define if a table exists
19:24:17,751 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneUtil._delete(LuceneUtil.java:251)
19:24:17,751 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneUtil.delete(LuceneUtil.java:166)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneIndexer.reIndex(LuceneIndexer.java:85)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneIndexer.run(LuceneIndexer.java:63)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not sql provided to define if a table exists
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.lucene.store.jdbc.dialect.Dialect.sqlTableExists(Dialect.java:65)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.lucene.store.jdbc.JdbcDirectory.tableExists(JdbcDirectory.java:184)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.liferay.portal.lucene.LuceneUtil._delete(LuceneUtil.java:243)
19:24:17,752 ERROR [STDERR]     ... 4 more

I am assuming this is because the tables don't exist in the database. Where can I find the SQL to create the tables?

I have googled, searched all of the sql liferay provides, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 17 años.

RE: lucene.store.type=jdbc sql error

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
One table is needed for each company using the following formula:

"LUCENE_"+StringUtil.replace(companyId, StringPool.PERIOD, StringPool.UNDERLINE)

Related to the schema of the table take a look at http://static.compassframework.org/docs/latest/jdbcdirectory.html
thumbnail
Rich Sezov, modificado hace 17 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
I'm seeing the same problem, but for some reason only on MySQL. If I configure this setting with Oracle, the table is automatically created.

Not sure if Jorge's tip will work, as I created the same table in my MySQL database that was generated in the Oracle database, and it's still not working.
thumbnail
Jason Amy, modificado hace 17 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 77 Fecha de incorporación: 5/07/06 Mensajes recientes
Rich Sezov:
I'm seeing the same problem, but for some reason only on MySQL. If I configure this setting with Oracle, the table is automatically created.

Not sure if Jorge's tip will work, as I created the same table in my MySQL database that was generated in the Oracle database, and it's still not working.

Rich, any luck with this? If I could get this working, I believe going from a test to stage to prod environment would be exporting/importing some LAR files, and a DB schema copy..?? Given that all the Liferay portal data would be in a DB, the Jackrabbit in the DB and (eventually) the Lucene index in the DB. Am I leaving anything out?

Do you have the schema that the Oracle script created? I'd like to give it a shot.

Thanks, Jason
thumbnail
Rich Sezov, modificado hace 17 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
Jason Amy:
Rich, any luck with this?

Nope, not on MySQL (which is, thankfully, only my prototype environment). Seems to work fine on Oracle.

Jason Amy:
If I could get this working, I believe going from a test to stage to prod environment would be exporting/importing some LAR files, and a DB schema copy..?? Given that all the Liferay portal data would be in a DB, the Jackrabbit in the DB and (eventually) the Lucene index in the DB. Am I leaving anything out?

That's exactly what I was thinking: I could design / develop everything on dev, promote to Q/A environment, test, and then promote to Prod without having to rebuild everything.

Jason Amy:
Do you have the schema that the Oracle script created? I'd like to give it a shot.

Sure! It's actually quite a small table. I'm going to remove the table name, as my organization is secretive about such things, but it gets generated in the form LUCENE_DOMAIN, where DOMAIN is what's defined as the company ID in your web.xml. So if we were to install Lucene search for Google (just to pick an absurd example), the table name would be LUCENE_GOOGLE_COM.

CREATE TABLE "LUCENE_[domain goes here]"
(
   NAME_ VARCHAR2(150) PRIMARY KEY not null,
   VALUE_ BLOB,
   SIZE_ NUMBER(10),
   LF_ TIMESTAMP(6),
   DELETED_ NUMBER(1)
);

I already attempted what you're doing on MySQL and it didn't work (i.e., I took the script above and tried to "force" it into MySQL). At that point, I was stumped, as I didn't know where else to look. Maybe it's a bug that should be entered into Jira (http://support.liferay.com).

Let me know how it goes!
Andrew K Bishop, modificado hace 17 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 29/03/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys

Any luck with this yet, as I am also having the same trouble, and I have no idea what else I could try. As I need to get it working with MySQL 5.0.37 and above, also I am using the ndbcluster engine.

Thanks

Andrew
thumbnail
David Truong, modificado hace 13 años.

Expert Mensajes: 322 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/05 Mensajes recientes
thumbnail
Isa B., modificado hace 17 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 27/11/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi Chad,
I have your same problem but I have not find solution...
Can you tell me how have you do?
Many thanks!
thumbnail

I haven't tried yet. For now I put it back to the file based. This is on my list to figure out (and write a wiki article), but it is low on my priority list.

-Chad.
thumbnail
Vladislav Pernin, modificado hace 17 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 59 Fecha de incorporación: 19/12/06 Mensajes recientes
Did you guys find the solution ?

Vlad
thumbnail

I haven't had time to work on it. I need to find a db ddl example. Then it should work.

-Chad.