Foros de discusión

extending liferay signin porltet to my app

thumbnail
Path Finder LifeRay, modificado hace 12 años.

extending liferay signin porltet to my app

Expert Mensajes: 262 Fecha de incorporación: 18/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I want to extend the liferay signup portlet. Is Hooks is the only way or any other way to do it easily. I tried to create a registration portlet using spring 3.0. But in jsp when i tried to put spring form tags, server is throwing "one or more loggers are visible, which is not allowed" exception. Is there any way to overcome it. I tried to delete commons-logging and log4j jar files from the deployment app lib. That's not worked out.

I want to overcome this issue ASAP. Suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Path Finder
Flavel ---------, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: extending liferay signin porltet to my app

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/09 Mensajes recientes
The way I've bypassed the registration process is through the portal-ext.properties (company.security.strangers.url=/registration). Just created a new page called "registration" and added my spring 3.0 portlet to it.

As for the logging problem, not sure what is going on, not enough information. The way we bundle our stuff up is a bit different than the norm and we do "parent_last" sort of stuff to make sure the proper library is being used.
thumbnail

Hi Flavel,
Thanx for your reply. I din't saw the portal-ext.properties. Can you guide me to the place of it and 1 more thing if we create a portlet and put it in a page in the application then how could we get the benefits of liferay into it, i mean can we extend the properties of the liferay there or just we used LR 6 only for the purpose of server.

For the loggers exception thing, i traced that when i use "Spring form" tags in the jsp then only i am getting that exception. Is there any way to get over with it. since i need badly the spring 3.0 application for the application.

Thanks in advance,
Path Finder
Flavel ---------, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/09 Mensajes recientes
portal-ext.properties is the property file you should be creating to "change" liferay's default properties.
Liferay's default properties are found in the portal-impl jar, called "portal.properties".

To use some of liferay's services for you portlet, you just need the portal-service.jar. Liferay handles the objects implemented in the service as long as you keep everything in WARs.

As for the other stuff I haven't really run into that issue before, and it doesn't look like I have enough information to help, sorry.
thumbnail

Hi Flavel,
Thanx for the help provided by you. I am still searching for the spring form tags inclusion into my project. since it is a liferay spring project so it should support all the spring tags everywhere in the project. When we deploy a war file in LR 6 it will include all the jars. right? if not, portal-impl.jar is the same for LR6 also as of LR 5.2, since i have those jars available.

Thanks in advance,
Path Finder