Foros de discusión

Liferay SCORM support

thumbnail
Janne Hietala, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay SCORM support

Junior Member Mensajes: 97 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that we have just released first version of Liferay SCORM support. This is first important part of developing and using Liferay as LMS platform. There has been lots of requests to develop this feature. Current version has been developed for Liferay 6.0.5. SCORM functionality is independent and deployable portlet and it has been developed using Scala.

The code has been released to github and is under LGPL license.
You can find it here: https://github.com/arcusys/JSCORM

All your feedback is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Janne Hietala
Consultant, partner
Arcusys Oy
+358 (0) 40 831 42 45
janne.hietala(at)arcusys.fi

You can find relevant discussions about this feature here:
Liferay university
Liferay university roadmap discussion
thumbnail

RE: Liferay SCORM support

thumbnail
Andrés Cerezo, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 92 Fecha de incorporación: 11/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Congartulations!!!

I'm going to test it and I'll tell you.

Cheers.
thumbnail
Andrés Cerezo, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 92 Fecha de incorporación: 11/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello, I've problems deploying, is there a demo? or a manual?

Cheers.
thumbnail

Hi Andrés,

You have to initialize the database first. We currently use Postgres, but it should with other db's as well with little configuration.

Here is more information about the release:

[indent]The project is an implementation of the SCORM set of standards for e-learning for the Liferay portal. Supported Liferay version is currently 6.0.5 CE.
The targeted version of SCORM is 2004 4th edition.
All server-side code is written using the Scala programming language for the JVM.

The current implementation is only able do display static SCORM content with respect towards the different content organizations and the activity structure in each organization.

Administrative features let you manage SCORM packages, uploading the them in standard zipped format.
The user interface is available in two forms - a standalone web application, which may be deployed against any servlet container, and a JSR-compliant portlet, which may be deployed against a standards-based portlet container. The portlet version has been tested on Liferay, but does not depend on its specific features.

The solution uses its own PostgreSQL database. You only need it created and accessible, there's an admin feature that lets you initialize the database structure before use.

If deployed against a servlet container, the end-user features are available at the relative url 'index.html', and the admin features are available at the relative url 'scorm_admin.html'.

If deployed against a portlet container, the end-user features are available via the portlet's standard View mode, while administrative features are available via the Edit mode.

The solution will be further developed to support the full set of requirements from the SCORM set of standards.[/indent]
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1744 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks. Will it have a support for Scorm 1.2 modules as well?

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Jari Järvelä, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 9/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Sandeep,

there will be support for Scorm 1.2 as well in the near future. Currently it supports only Scorm 2004. We have begun building a quiz portlet and a grading portlet to support full use of the Scorm portlet. We aim also the quiz and grading portlet to function without the scorm contents.

Best regards,

Jari

Sandeep Nair:
Thanks. Will it have a support for Scorm 1.2 modules as well?

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1744 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/08 Mensajes recientes
That is just perfect. Awesome possum
Nitin Jain, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 1/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I would like to integrate JSCORM with liferay (using MYSQL database), where I can get the steps to configure the same?

thanks
thumbnail

Nitin Jain:
Hi,

I would like to integrate JSCORM with liferay (using MYSQL database), where I can get the steps to configure the same?

thanks

Hi!

Currently there is not a step-by-step configuration guide for any other than PostgreSQL database. We are using ORBroker for persistence. To use MySQL you have to changes to DataSource in the source code. Also you probably have to change some SQL scripts, because they are using Postgre specific features like SERIAL data types. Good news is that it is independent of Liferay's database, so you can use any db you like with Liferay.

Most likely we will work on support for other db's as customer requirements will arise in the future. Currently we have planned MySQL and Oracle as addition for Postgre. If there's anybody from the community willing to take on this work, let me know!

I hope this helps!

Br,
Janne Hietala
Nitin Jain, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 1/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks.

Can you point me to the step by step integration guide with postgre DB?
thumbnail

Hi!

JSCORM supports PosgreSQL out-of-the-box. Make sure you have database running and you can access it from Liferay server.

After this use the admin feature that lets you initialize the database structure before use. After this, you should be ready to go!

Br,
Janne
Elmarie Louw, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 3/12/12 Mensajes recientes
Janne Hietala:
Hi!

JSCORM supports PosgreSQL out-of-the-box. Make sure you have database running and you can access it from Liferay server.

After this use the admin feature that lets you initialize the database structure before use. After this, you should be ready to go!

Br,
Janne

Hallo

I have installed the SCORM plugin. I have a Postgres database running on my server at port 5433. When I try and Reinitialize the DB for PostgreSQL, nothing happens.

As far as I understand this should create a database called SCORM with all the required tables etc.

Liferay is running on Tomcat.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Elmarie
Varsha Jadhav, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 29/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I have downloaded learn-web ver 3 and want to integrate with mysql db. Can you please help me.

Thnx
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Janne! This is SO COOL!
Amazing work here... this is an important step for Liferay being a good LMS platform.
Thanks for contributing it back to the community!
Regards,
Juan Fernández
thumbnail

Hi Juan!

Thank you for your supporting words! Liferay is awesome platform and we are happy to continue contributing our development back to the community. So far public intrest and feedback has been great for SCORM functionality and we also have some of our customers and partners tightly involved in this project!

I also noticed that James mentioned us in his blog about upcoming Liferay Symposium in France. I hope you guys put in a good word for us and for this release in France ;)

All feedback and feature requests for further development are welcome!

Br,
Janne
thumbnail

Hi all,

I will participate to Liferay Europe Symposium on 18th and 19th! Look me up in there and I can showcase new features of JSCORM!

-Janne
James Todd, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 20/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi all

Has anyone succesfully rolled out Liferay as an LMS with Scorm support.
we are looking for a new Learning Management System and already have Lifray

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi,

We have made implementation for customer using Liferay as an LMS with SCORM support. If you'd like to discuss more details, please contact me directly!

Best regards,
Janne Hietala
Consultant, partner
Arcusys Oy
+358 (0) 40 831 42 45
thumbnail

Good news everybody!

We've just released new version of JSCORM to github. It includes brand new new Question Bank feature which can be also deployed as a Liferay portlet. You can use question editor to create quizzes with different types of questions (single-/multi-choice, matching, short answer, etc.). Actual exam module for taking exams will be available later. We will be releasing more LMS features later this year, so stay tuned!

The code has been released to github and is under LGPL license.
You can find it here: https://github.com/arcusys/JSCORM

All your feedback is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Janne Hietala

Consultant, partner
Arcusys Oy
+358 (0) 40 831 42 45
Twitter: @janne_hietala
thumbnail
Andrzej Drozdowski, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 3/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello!

I have deployed scorm-player-0.1.war without errors but I cannot save database connection settings (SCORM Application portlet, Preferences, Admin interface)
I cannot also Reinitialize DB.
On Liferay (6.06) console I have got infos:

09:51:54,443 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.8.10.custom.css generates exception: null
09:51:54,445 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,447 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/grid.locale-en.js generates exception: null
09:51:54,449 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,487 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.jqGrid.min.js generates exception: null
09:51:54,488 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,536 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/ui.jqgrid.css generates exception: null
09:51:54,538 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,899 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.i18n.properties-min.js generates exception: null
09:51:54,901 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,931 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/fileuploader.css generates exception: null
09:51:54,933 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,939 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.form.js generates exception: null
09:51:54,941 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:54,957 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/fileuploader.js generates exception: null
09:51:54,959 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:55,844 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.8.10.custom.css generates exception: null
09:51:55,847 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:55,871 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/ui.jqgrid.css generates exception: null
09:51:55,872 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:55,896 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/grid.locale-en.js generates exception: null
09:51:55,898 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:56,142 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.jqGrid.min.js generates exception: null
09:51:56,144 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:56,319 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.i18n.properties-min.js generates exception: null
09:51:56,321 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:56,481 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/jquery.form.js generates exception: null
09:51:56,483 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:56,653 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/js/fileuploader.js generates exception: null
09:51:56,655 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:56,818 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/web/guest/css/fileuploader.css generates exception: null
09:51:56,820 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:57,881 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/scorm-player/i18n/Titles.properties?_=1322643117535 generates exception: null
09:51:57,882 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:57,999 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/scorm-player/services/packages/Sorted?_search=false&nd=1322643117428&rows=20&page=1&sidx=&sord=asc generates exception: null
09:51:58,000 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:58,080 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/scorm-player/i18n/Titles_pl.properties?_=1322643118073 generates exception: null
09:51:58,081 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:51:58,883 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/scorm-player/services/administering/GetDBInfo generates exception: null
09:51:58,885 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 
09:52:31,662 INFO  [PortalImpl:3829] Current URL /en/scorm-player/services/administering/RenewDatabase generates exception: null
09:52:31,663 INFO  [PortalImpl:3841] 

I use PostgreSQL 8.4 and previous version (scorm-player.war) managed to initialize the database.

Regards
A.D.
thumbnail

Hi Andrezej,

There was issue with the pre-built war. If you can, try with the recent version.

Br,
Janne
thumbnail
Emilio José Lamas Fraga, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 57 Fecha de incorporación: 29/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Janne,

I'm would like to be able to export Liferay's contents into SCORM format. Is there any feature of JSCORM that allow me to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.
thumbnail
Serdar Ayalp, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 45 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/11 Mensajes recientes
when will you publish a step-by-step installation instruction?

Regards
S.A.
Raghunadh Parlapalli, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 5/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Janne,

Any update on MYSQL database support with SCORM war?
Eric Colombo, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 16/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I've been having problems to integrate JSCORM with my Liferay portal.
I'm using scorm-player-0.3.war and it's my problem:

GET http://localhost:8080/scorm-player-0.3//services/packages/ 500 (Internal Server Error) jquery.min.js:4

Has anyone had the same problem or could help me?

Thanks
thumbnail
Janne Hietala, modificado hace 10 años.

Hi everyone,

I know it's an very old thread, but if anyone gets lost in here i'll nudge you to correct direction.

JSCORM has evolved through Project Learn into Valamis - eLearning for Liferay emoticon

Find it here!
Ruslan Gatin, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/05/14 Mensajes recientes
Hello, Janne!
I have a problem with building you project source code. what i did:
I have imported it to netbeans.
in the next step i tried to find liferay plugin servise builder comands, but there is no one.
so i cant understand what should i do to get the .war file.
can you help me?
what should be done to build the portlet?

Thanks!