Foros de discusión

Unix and liferay

thumbnail
William Fleming, modificado hace 12 años.

Unix and liferay

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
I have a openBSD server with liferay installed. and a rc.local file as follows

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jre-1.7.0/
sudo -u liferay /home/Liferay-606_v0.1/tomcat-6.0.29/bin/startup.sh

That is my rc.local file which i would assume would get executed at start-up. Has anybody else set Liferay to launch when the machine turns on? nothing seems to happen when the machine starts up? Anybody with Linux or Unix experience be able to advise me on this one thanks?

Thanks
William
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Unix and liferay

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Running the script at startup should be just fine, but since you're not getting it to start there may be a problem in the startup.sh script that you're not aware of...

The startup.sh script attempts to determine the CATALINA_HOME environment variable if it is not already defined. Do you have an existing CATALINA_HOME that it might be trying to launch instead?

Also the tomcat bundle ships with a JRE inside which, if I remember correctly, the startup.sh script may be referencing directly and overriding your JAVA_HOME setting...

I'd try running the script as-is from the command line and see what kind of result you get, if it starts up as expected or if it chokes and gives you more info regarding the failure.

You could have permission problems (i.e. liferay user cannot write to the tomcat logs directory or something). Basically there are many points of failure that won't necessarily be available during the rc.local start...

I've got my liferay running under 1.6 (not 1.7) and it is just fine on a gentoo box...