Foros de discusión

Developer Studio Installation Issues

rayvanth challa, modificado hace 6 años.

Developer Studio Installation Issues

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 22/01/16 Mensajes recientes
Hello All,

I had downloaded liferay developer studio - "LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.0-ga1-windows-installer" and tried to run it.

At end of installation I am facing this error "Could not create DXP download token". I had given the correct email credentials which i am using to login into liferay.com site. But still it fails.

any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ray

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Jamie Sammons, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Developer Studio Installation Issues

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 5/09/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ray, Are you connecting to the Internet via a proxy? If so the new installer doesn't support proxies as of yet. The current workaround is to use Liferay IDE until this issue can be resolved. Liferay IDE should have all of the features that Liferay Studio has now: https://web.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide

Let me know if that helps.
-Jamie

Thanks Jamie for your response. I am trying install this in aws. Some how it pushed me out till yesterday but today i got it installed. Not sure whether installing jpm has fix the actual issue. But it is fixed and i am in now.

Thanks
Ray
Paul Shemansky, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 11/04/17 Mensajes recientes
There appears to be a bug which causes the download of the Authorization Token to fail when pulling from liferay.com, even when proper credentials are supplied.

My MacOS installation was'not' affected. It appears to be Windows specific, and 'should not' be related to proxies.

I fixed this issue by manually creating the %HOME%/.liferay directory, and creating the "token" file within it.
From liferay.com > Account Home > Authorization Tokens, I copied the generated token string (which was created during the failed install) into the local %HOME%/.liferay/token file using a text editor, and re-ran the installation.

This appears to have fixed whatever the token download/corruption problem is caused by, and I was able to continue installations successfully.

I hope this helps.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Paul Shemansky:
There appears to be a bug which causes the download of the Authorization Token to fail when pulling from liferay.com, even when proper credentials are supplied.

My MacOS installation was'not' affected. It appears to be Windows specific, and 'should not' be related to proxies.

I fixed this issue by manually creating the %HOME%/.liferay directory, and creating the "token" file within it.
From liferay.com > Account Home > Authorization Tokens, I copied the generated token string (which was created during the failed install) into the local %HOME%/.liferay/token file using a text editor, and re-ran the installation.

This appears to have fixed whatever the token download/corruption problem is caused by, and I was able to continue installations successfully.

I hope this helps.

We are planning a 3.1.1 release shortly (within 2 weeks) that will fix this issue. If anyone wants a 'pre-release' of the installer, go to the #ide channel on https://liferay-community.slack.com and ask for it there and I will send you a copy.

Thanks Greg for your time and help on this. If I required I will request you. but not at this point.

Thanks again..

--Ray
Rajasekhar Maddini, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 12/02/14 Mensajes recientes
I'm also having the same issue with LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.1-ga2 on my windows machines. I tried by manually creating token file but still the issue persists.

Any suggestions?
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado hace 6 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 144 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Hey Rajasekhar,

I couldn't reproduce your problem by using LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.1-ga2 in my windows machine.
Can u give us more steps so that we can reproduce it.

Thanks in advance.
Rajasekhar Maddini, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 12/02/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I downloaded LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.1-ga2-windows-installer.exe and followed the steps in the wizard and provided my liferay.com credentials. I'm using windows 7.

I got error "problem with running post-install step, installation may not complete correctly. Could not create DXP download token."
thumbnail
Terry Jia, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 14 Fecha de incorporación: 29/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Rajasekhar Maddini:
Hi,

I downloaded LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.1-ga2-windows-installer.exe and followed the steps in the wizard and provided my liferay.com credentials. I'm using windows 7.

I got error "problem with running post-install step, installation may not complete correctly. Could not create DXP download token."

Hey Rajasekhar,
Can you check the installer log file in your system temp folder? it may in C:\Users\yourname\Local Settings\Temp\bitrock_installer.log (or bitrock_installer-somenumbers.log) and upload it to help me to check what the problem is.
Thanks!
John Cressman, modificado hace 6 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 15/08/17 Mensajes recientes
My boss and I are both experiencing the same issue with the 3.1.2 installation. We are behind a corporate proxy/firewall and there is no getting around it.

Is there some workaround?
thumbnail

Hey John,

Can u try with the 3.1.2 ga3 installation to see if the problem still exists?
https://web.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide

Joye Luo:
Hey John,

That's actually what I've been using. I tried it from work and from home with the same results.

John Cressman:
Joye Luo:
Hey John,

That's actually what I've been using. I tried it from work and from home with the same results.

Unfortunately, that version is hosted on sourceforge, which is blocked by our firewall.

I was able to manually generate a token and get it to get further, but it failed with a different error.

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running java -jar c:\program files(x86)\LiferayDeveloperStudio\biz.aQute.jpm.run.jar" -u init: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion' has a value of '1.8' but '1.6' is required.

Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment

Is this install seriously dependent on a SPECIFIC (OLDER) version of java being installed? (Which is in itself a security risk issue)
thumbnail

Hey John,

I meet this problem before.
It caused by my java environment, I install java 8 and java 7 together in my windows machine.
So I just uninstall them all and install java 8. And then it works. Make sure the jre 8 was installed.

Hope it can work for u too. And we will also try to solve this problem in our side as soon as possible.
Thanks for your feedback.
Ignacio Ramos, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 24/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Joye Luo:
Hey John,

This is my issue right now. I have installed the token manually but I have another issue. Here you have the details. Please, anyone has experienced this issue:

Java version I am using: 1.8.0._161

LiferayDeveloperStudio version I have downloaded from liferay site: LiferayDeveloperStudio-3.1.2-ga3-windows-installer.exe

As we were having issues, I generate an authentication token in my Liferay account , the token was:

Token Id

And I add it following the post we saw in:

https://web.liferay.com/es/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/91955560

But now, I get this error you can see following:

"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly Error running java -jar biz.aQute.jpm.run.jar -u init: Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS ....."

If I execute this command from a cmd I get the following:

XXXXX
XXXXX
Error:
0. Failed to run platform init, exit code -2147483648

If I execute a second time from cmd I do not have this error
thumbnail

Hey Ignacio,

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS .....

I searched this message. It seems you need to Increase Java Memory for Windows 7