Foros de discusión

LDAP Group Creation

Pete Murphy, modificado hace 6 años.

LDAP Group Creation

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 19/09/16 Mensajes recientes
What would be the best way to create a few hundred LDAP groups using Liferay. These groups can be mapped to roles. I don't want to have to create each one individually but would rather do it through an xml script similar to how I used to do it with IBM Websphere portal. Thanks.
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: LDAP Group Creation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1554 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/09 Mensajes recientes
The best way to create a few hundred groups is probably by importing an ldif with ldapmodify.

You could of course create the groups in Liferay and use the export functionality to export the groups to ldap. Or you could write a portlet and program it yourself. Maybe you could even call the PortalLDAPExporter/PortalToLDAPConverter directly, but all those solutions are kinda roundabout.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: LDAP Group Creation

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Pete Murphy:
What would be the best way to create a few hundred LDAP groups using Liferay. These groups can be mapped to roles. I don't want to have to create each one individually but would rather do it through an xml script similar to how I used to do it with IBM Websphere portal. Thanks.

Which LDAP ? AD, openldap, or ...
And when you say 'create', do you mean create in LDAP ? or create usergroup/role in Liferay based on import from LDAP ?