Foros de discusión

Best Practices using Git/Jenkins

David Weitzel, modificado hace 6 años.

Best Practices using Git/Jenkins

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi Guys
Is there a tutorial/blog post anywhere describing the best practices for DXP code control and build systems?
We will be using local Git system (bitbucket) and jenkins, but being asked about:
a) auto build and deploy to test systems for all artifacts or just one updated?
b) check in and build individual modules/themes or build and deploy all artifacts on each check in?
c) one repository or individual one for each module?

In 6.2 I was using SVN/Jenkins and of course there were fewer artifacts, I can see many modules being written for what we need to develop and customize. We are switching to bitBucket (git) for DXP code as part of a strategy to adopt more modern devOps processes.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Best Practices using Git/Jenkins

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
No best practices that I'm aware of.

I've been doing most of my work in a liferay workspace, so all of my modules are in there. Works fine as a single developer, but in team scenarios I would probably want to use standalone gradle or maven projects to reduce code collisions, but that results in more repositories to manage and wire.

Depending upon which way you go, that's how I'd do deployments to the test system. If I build a workspace, I'm just going to autodeploy all modules if only because I don't want to spend time getting jenkins to partially deploy built jars from the folder structure. If using separate repos, then you can build and deploy separately.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!