Foros de discusión

Issue with User Group Role propagating to Users

Lina Duarte, modificado hace 6 años.

Issue with User Group Role propagating to Users

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 21/12/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi everyone,
I am running into an issue and I am not sure if it is a bug.

I am assigning a user group to "SiteA". I then assign "role1" for that user group for that site.
I add "test user" to the user group.

The test user shows up as a site member for "SiteA". However, when I look at the user profile through the control panel - "SiteA" does not show up in the inherited sites and "role1" is not assigned either.

I then manually went to "SiteA" --> members and assigned "role1" to "Test user".

The site now appears in "Test Users" inherited sites and the role is assigned.

Am I missing a step? I am looking for a way that I can associate a site role to a site and not have to update the role manually for the users in that group.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Issue with User Group Role propagating to Users

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You won't see direct assignment of Test user to Site A because they are not a direct member.

However, the underlying permissioning system should allow Test user to access Site A because the permission checker should evaluate everything correctly.

And honestly, Test user is not a direct member of Site A so the control panel will not reflect as much.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Lina Maria, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 21/12/16 Mensajes recientes
I see... so how does one use user groups to make a user a direct member of a site?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You don't.

If you want to make users direct members of a site, you have to assign them to the site.

You typically use user groups to ease administration tasks, especially when a user group spans multiple sites, roles, etc. It is often easier to add a user to a group with all of the memberships and permissions than it is to manually make the appropriate changes.

But if you actually want to see each user individually listed as a site member, then you need to assign them that way.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!