Foros de discusión

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 6

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

100 PaperCuts - Sprint 6

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Let's shoot for June 11 - 25 (begins next Wednesday) for Sprint 6. Almost 50 bugs fixed in the first 5 sprints! Once I am able to load the "previous sprints" wiki page I'll make a list of which ones have actually been integrated into the product.

As always, check out the small candidate list, or the larger candidate list, and pick one. If you'd like me to choose one for you, let me know!

I am concerned that participation has dropped off a bit. I know we're all busy and have day jobs, but if you have time for this sprint (which I set up for June 11-25), please consider taking on a task. Most of these turn out to take no more than a day or two, and we've also been very fortunate to be able to pull in Liferay engineering for many of the fixes, which is awesome, and even lets me get the community word out to our developers who might otherwise keep their heads on their "day-to-day" tasks and not checking out the excellent work you're all done!
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: 100 PaperCuts - Sprint 6

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
thumbnail

RE: 100 PaperCuts - Sprint 6 - Holiday

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:

I am concerned that participation has dropped off a bit. I know we're all busy and have day jobs, but if you have time for this sprint (which I set up for June 11-25), please consider taking on a task. Most of these turn out to take no more than a day or two, and we've also been very fortunate to be able to pull in Liferay engineering for many of the fixes, which is awesome, and even lets me get the community word out to our developers who might otherwise keep their heads on their "day-to-day" tasks and not checking out the excellent work you're all done!

Deb et al,

Juan has made an important observation: many of you are participating in the upcoming 6.1-related activities (BugSquad, Community Verifiers). Given that, I'd like to take a short break from 100 PaperCuts Activities - to date we've addressed over 40 bugs (33 of which are fixed!) and all of you that are participating are to be commended. The totals are:
  • Juan- 7
  • Corne - 6
  • Tomas - 4
  • Deb - 4
  • Boubker - 4
  • Rafal - 2
  • Jelmer - 2
  • Marteen - 1
  • Jaromir - 1
  • Baptiste - 1
  • James (me!) - 1
  • Milan - 1
Great job everyone!! In the first 4 sprints, Juan, Corne, and Tomas received a bunch of Liferay SWAG for their top-3 efforts. And now there's a 3-way tie for 3rd emoticon In the next 4 sprints (1 of which is already complete) we'll give away even better prizes, so we're not quite done yet! Great job everyone and I'm looking forward to our upcoming fun with the 6.1 release emoticon
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 676 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

thank you for the info. This means that you can count on me for 6.1 activities - wherever you need my help.

Thanks.

-- tom
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Tomas Polesovsky:
Hi James,

thank you for the info. This means that you can count on me for 6.1 activities - wherever you need my help.

Thanks.

-- tom

James,
Me too. Please add me to the 6.1 lists and I will do my best to help out.
Deb
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

I've been working hard on getting this feature implemented:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-18004

Could I add this as PaperCut?

If not, I'll try to find another issue.

Thanks!
thumbnail

Juan, this doesn't seem to qualify as a papercut - sounds like a big (and very cool) feature, but not really a "small" bug that annoys the current userbase because it's broken. Please continue your work (it is definitely appreciated!) and look for smaller things in the future that qualify..
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hey James,

Sergio and I are working on reviewing the feature that Juan implemented. It's really appreciated since we wouldn't have had time ourselves to build it from scratch for 6.1. Definitely a contribution worth mentioning in your next roundup emoticon
thumbnail

Jorge Ferrer:
Hey James,

Sergio and I are working on reviewing the feature that Juan implemented. It's really appreciated since we wouldn't have had time ourselves to build it from scratch for 6.1. Definitely a contribution worth mentioning in your next roundup emoticon

Totally.. and with that.. I think I might do another roundup today in honor of the France Symposium emoticon