Foros de discusión

Liferay 7 WSRP Issues

thumbnail
John Schulz, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay 7 WSRP Issues

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 29/07/16 Mensajes recientes
A couple weeks ago I was tasked with proving Liferay cientside IPC to be possible across WSRP from a JSR-286 portlet as a producer in a Liferay 6.2CE portal and consumer in Lifeary DXP to communicate via Liferay events/listeners with a JSR-352 JSP portlet on the same page. In the end I was able to have communication both ways (from the remote 6.2 portlet to the native DXP portlet back and forth, sending and receiving events) but I ran into several issues that would most likely prohibit us from being able to use in production:

1. I consulted the documentation and though it says that the Liferay 7 WSRP app is in the marketplace, it's not. I had to go to Github and clone & compile the source. However, on attempting to deploy to the portal, I got errors telling me about a missing database column. The tables needed seemed to all be there but the following column was missing: WSRP_WSRPConsumer.lastPublishDate. In order to fix it I had to add the missing column to the database. In my case, I'm just using my local copy of our licensed DXP with a hypersonic db.

Though I was able to get past the issue, I don't think that will fly telling our dev ops guys they need to hack the db in all instances (local, sandbox, dev, QA, UA, prod) in order to get the WSRP Admin Portlet to be deployable and used in production.

2. Another thing that would keep us from being able to use this example as a real use case is that I was not able to get any header/footer resources from the producer portlet in 6.2 to be included in the consumer portlet in DXP. Both portlets have remotable enabled as true but neither CSS nor JS will show up in the WSRP consumer portlet. There are errors in the browser that indicate it seems to be looking for the resource as a module in the combo url. Is this a known issue? I googled and found JIRA tickets where this was identified and fixed in Liferay 6 but couldn't find any examples in Liferay 7 of anyone saying this was not working at any point.

Please advise,
John
thumbnail
John Schulz, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Liferay 7 WSRP Issues

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 29/07/16 Mensajes recientes
I have not heard anything back on this... Is there any path for resolution for either issue?

Thank you in advance, your help is appreciated,
John
thumbnail
Dipti Ranparia, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Liferay 7 WSRP Issues

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 24/06/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi John,
In which liferay 7 version you tried to deploy the WSRP module? I build the wsrp module from the latest git repository and try to deploy on liferay-7-ce-ga3, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.
Dipti