Foros de discusión

navigation menu problem

Jason Miller, modificado hace 6 años.

navigation menu problem

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 11/07/16 Mensajes recientes
Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior? On a clean install of liferay 7.0 ga3, and using mysql, the navigation menu is completely blank.

I couldn't figure out of I was doing something wrong, so I did another install, and I used the default hypersonic database, and the navigation menu is back to normal.

Can anyone help me out please? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. Is it maybe a bug in the installer?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: navigation menu problem

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2047 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Changing databases shouldn't affect navigation. The only thing I could think of is if you change to mysql, then your data is not the same so the pages may not actually exist anymore (and therefore not show in navigation). If you manage pages on the site, do those pages show up there?

Amos Fong:
Changing databases shouldn't affect navigation. The only thing I could think of is if you change to mysql, then your data is not the same so the pages may not actually exist anymore (and therefore not show in navigation). If you manage pages on the site, do those pages show up there?

These were both fresh installs. On the mysql version with the blank menu, users can browse to ../calendars, and the page does exist as expected, it's just not in the menu. The administrative nav menu on the left works fine for building the structure, etc. I was considering installing on hypersonic and migrating to mysql to see if it would bring the nav menu with it, but I couldn't get that to work. Any ideas? If you dig into the nav menu properties on each, you get to a point where the one that works has a dropdown with 8 or so options like "unstyled minimal horizontal whatever", and on the mysql install, that dropdown is totally empty.

Also on more digging, I created a blank ADP(?) template (forget the letters, sorry) and figured out how to put some html in it with variables, and it actually created a working menu. But on the hypersonic install with the working menu, it also won't let me see the code by editing the stock menus in order to copy them over. They're embedded somehow.