Foros de discusión

Liferay 7 GA3/CE: Usecase of Announcement and Alert Portlet?

Daniel Küttel, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay 7 GA3/CE: Usecase of Announcement and Alert Portlet?

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/17 Mensajes recientes
Greetings dear community

I have allready read the following instructions to announcements and alerts:
https://dev.liferay.com/de/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/sending-alerts-and-announcements

I tryed to figure out but I still dont get it: What use, do they 2 portlets have? What is the difference of them, and even more, why I should use them?

I was really confused, after I drag&drop the alert portlet into my page and created an alert to the role "Admin" that NONE of the admins get an notification, or even get an message on the liferay7 screen. I had the expectations, that the Admins will receive the alert, no matter on what site/page the admin is. (I configured in the usersettings, that an user will get an Email)

I only see the alert as an admin, when I´m a member of the site and switch to the page to the alert portlet. That has nothing to do with alert, or announcement for my opinion. I had the expectations, that the role or user will receive an Popup Window with the alert. "Hey watch out, the System will shut down in 10min. Save your progressions and log out."

Can someone tell me: What is the usecase for this 2 portlets?

Because, i can even use the Webcontent Portlet and set the diplay time. I will have the same result at the end of the day.

Sorry about my english, and when sometimes its seems a little impolite, then its not my intention.

Greetings from switzerland
Daniel