Foros de discusión

connect my liferay search portlet with solr+nutch

thumbnail
vamshi krishna, modificado hace 12 años.

connect my liferay search portlet with solr+nutch

Junior Member Mensajes: 31 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/11 Mensajes recientes
HI all,

i want to connect my liferay search portlet with solr+nutch. plz can any one help me urgent
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: connect my liferay search portlet with solr+nutch

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
You need to deploy solr-web plugin for Liferay to use Solr as it's search engine.
Jean-Carl AMSLER, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 14/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Vamshi,

You will find more info here :
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/03/09/nutch-solr/

BR
JC
thumbnail
Namrata Hangal, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 161 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Vamshi,

Were you able to find a solution to your problem?
I'm also trying to display content indexed by nutch using Liferay's search portlet.

Unable to find any links on this...

Regards,
Ediz Bozüyük, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 15/08/11 Mensajes recientes
is there a solution for this problem??
i have the exact same problem now! Liferay+Solr runs fine, Solr+Nutch without Liferay also runs fine! But all three together?? Is that possible? In my oppinion the problem is the schema.xml file, the one from solr-web plugin is different, uses uid instead of url as unique key.

If this combination is not possible....is it possible to use another crawler? Or is it possible to use a Google Search Appliance with liferay's search-portlet?
Please help emoticon
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
so the Liferay + Solr setup is meant for the portal's internal indexes and searching capability. we generally recommend having a separate Solr/Nutch server (with a schema.xml that you can customize to your needs) if you want to allow a crawler to give you page searching feature.

With that said, there isn't a plugin that's available (AFAIK) for searching the nutch indexes at this point. But, an easy thing you can do is to configure Solr to return JSON, then write a simple portlet using JavaScript/AJAX to provide your search results from Solr+Nutch.