Foros de discusión

Error creating Liferay plugin project

Marcellin Bonfilloup, modificado hace 6 años.

Error creating Liferay plugin project

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/17 Mensajes recientes
Hello everyone.
I'm completely new to Liferay development, and I have to use it for my internship.
I'm kind of stuck right now, because i cannot create a new project.
I saw many posts about this issue but none of them had the same exception I have.
I'm working with 6.2 sdk, 6.2 ga6 portal and tomcat 7.0.62 all set up on Eclipse Neon.
I have set up the build.user.properties and the server launches correctly.
But when I try to create a new project this is the exception i get:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.createFilter(Container.java:65)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.util.ProjectImportUtil.importProject(ProjectImportUtil.java:385)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.createNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:445)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.createNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:1)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.execute(NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.java:93)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOp$Impl.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard.performFinish(SapphireWizard.java:370)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard$3.run(SapphireWizard.java:334)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

I tried to look for the files pointed at by the exception but ended up empty-handed.
I hope i haven't missed any similar posts.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Error creating Liferay plugin project

Regular Member Mensajes: 144 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Hey Marcellin,

I guess your problem caused by internet.
I reproduce it by turning off my internet and delete .ivy dependencies in SDK.
When u first create a Liferay Project, it need to download the dependencies from the Internet.

Hope it can be helpful. If u have any problem, please let us know it.

Sincerely,
Joye Luo
Marcellin Bonfilloup, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: Error creating Liferay plugin project

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/17 Mensajes recientes
Hello Joye,

It's weird because it would be because Eclipse can't connect to Internet but I used the Eclipse Marketplace and it worked fine. (but maybe it doesn't use Internet ?)
I will look into it anyway. Maybe i need a proxy to initiate a connection.
I'll let you know. Thanks for the answer.

Regards.