Foros de discusión

New User same as Test Test user not working

Haseena Begum, modificado hace 7 años.

New User same as Test Test user not working

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 20/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi Everyone,

I have created a new user and given site owner,admin,content review access same as "Test Test" user.
Upon creation, "Test Test" user has no more admin power like( no gear icons on portlets, has control panel option but upon clicking on "App Manager" am getting an error -App Manager is temporarily unavailable., similarly few other permissions are denied...)
On the other hand, new user with all permissions on it could not view the "control panel" option..

Am i missing anything here? Could you please help me out in understanding and resolve this

Thank you

Regards,
Haseena
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: New User same as Test Test user not working (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Haseena Begum:
I have created a new user and given site owner,admin,content review access same as "Test Test" user.

Is that "site owner", "site admin", "content review"? Because "Test Test" doesn't have them explicitly, rather implicitly through the "Administrator" role. Probably it's the "owner" of the default site, but I wouldn't expect more power through that than through the global Administrator role

Haseena Begum:
On the other hand, new user with all permissions on it could not view the "control panel" option..

Am i missing anything here?

Seems like you indeed miss something. My first guess is the global Administrator role - or any "smaller", but custom version of it, that grants access to Control Panel. Coming back to the vocabulary clarification above, I'm speaking of "Administrator", not "Site Administrator" or "Organization Administrator".
Haseena Begum, modificado hace 6 años.

RE: New User same as Test Test user not working (Respuesta)

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 20/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I did mistake by disabling the edit controls, that's why the admin user was not working as it was intended to

Thank you All

Feeling great working with Liferay Portal!!! emoticon