Foros de discusión

Missing features in Liferay DXP with MySQL

Rahul Joshi, modificado hace 7 años.

Missing features in Liferay DXP with MySQL

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/17 Mensajes recientes
We have been using the inbuilt Hypersonic database in Liferay DXP and it showed the option to set carousel component and navigation also showed up by default on top.
Now if we try with MySQL, these options don't show up. Just changing the database has changed the options.

Any idea what might be the issue?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Missing features in Liferay DXP with MySQL

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6400 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Rahul Joshi:
Now if we try with MySQL, these options don't show up. Just changing the database has changed the options.

Those are unrelated things. I can imagine some differing behavior if you're only changing the database (e.g. start over with a clean database), but keep the search index with old data. Go to Control Panel / Server Administration and reindex all search indexes to synchronize them with your database, maybe this does the trick. Otherwise (as I can't imagine what happens) you might want to post a screenshot.

Taking the instance of Carousel, I earlier used to add Media Gallery component and within its configuration, there was an option to set the view as Carousel. Now the option isn't coming up.
We have even tried a fresh install, but the option is not there.

Similarly, as soon as we started with Hypersonic, there was a default navigation menu appearing at the top, before search bar. Now if we use MySQL, the navigation menu is not there.

Just to provide few more details, the navigation control appears next to search but has nothing in it.
We are facing 2 major issues: There are no Display Templates in portlets and CSS/Title changes are not getting applied.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Both these work fine as soon as we switch to Hypersonic.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6400 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Is there anything in the log?

Olaf Kock:

I could locate this, possibly happens when saving preferences:
javax.portlet.PortletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate flushing: could not update: [com.liferay.portal.model.impl.PortletPreferencesImpl#31085]; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [update PortletPreferences set mvccVersion=?, preferences=? where portletPreferencesId=? and mvccVersion=?]; SQL state [HY000]; error code [1366]; Incorrect string value: '\xE5\x8D\x9A\xE5\xAE\xA2...' for column 'preferences' at row 1; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xE5\x8D\x9A\xE5\xAE\xA2...' for column 'preferences' at row 1

Could there be an issue with the encoding of database? I think I didn't specify database encoding type while creating the database, but could this be preventing the settings being saved? I think the encoding is only for multi-lingual.
thumbnail
saleem khan, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Missing features in Liferay DXP with MySQL (Respuesta)

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Rahul Joshi:
Olaf Kock:

I could locate this, possibly happens when saving preferences:
javax.portlet.PortletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate flushing: could not update: [com.liferay.portal.model.impl.PortletPreferencesImpl#31085]; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [update PortletPreferences set mvccVersion=?, preferences=? where portletPreferencesId=? and mvccVersion=?]; SQL state [HY000]; error code [1366]; Incorrect string value: '\xE5\x8D\x9A\xE5\xAE\xA2...' for column 'preferences' at row 1; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xE5\x8D\x9A\xE5\xAE\xA2...' for column 'preferences' at row 1

Could there be an issue with the encoding of database? I think I didn't specify database encoding type while creating the database, but could this be preventing the settings being saved? I think the encoding is only for multi-lingual.

Hello Rahul,

Even I have been facing the same issue. Solution for this is to change the the charset/collactions of database/schema to
utf8mb4 - default collation

Please see the link for detailed explanation.

Thanks, I guess that fixed the issue for me as well.