Foros de discusión

How to override WorkflowConstants in liferay 7?

thumbnail
Abhishek Jain, modificado hace 7 años.

How to override WorkflowConstants in liferay 7?

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 20/08/16 Mensajes recientes
I just want to ask how to override WorkflowConstants class in liferay dxp. Does anyone know about it?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: How to override WorkflowConstants in liferay 7?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You can't and shouldn't.

Constants are known values that the various pieces of portal code will depend upon. If you change them you risk breaking your portal.
thumbnail
Abhishek Jain, modificado hace 7 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 20/08/16 Mensajes recientes
Thanks David for your reply.. I am not changing the already existing constants but I want to add a new one. Can I do the same? If yes, how?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
No, and no reason to.

The constants are convenience to ensure that the same value is used multiple places in the code. That makes it a build-time tool, not a run time tool.

I often use my own constants classes to affect the same result.

Go ahead and use your own, but there's no reason to think of modifying Liferay's.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
No, and no reason to.

The constants are convenience to ensure that the same value is used multiple places in the code. That makes it a build-time tool, not a run time tool.

I often use my own constants classes to affect the same result.

Go ahead and use your own, but there's no reason to think of modifying Liferay's.

Thus I gather it might be unreasonable to introduce STATUS_LOOKBEFOREYOULEAPOFFAITH