Foros de discusión

Document Library Folder Owner

S L B, modificado hace 7 años.

Document Library Folder Owner

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 28/07/08 Mensajes recientes
I might just be missing this because we haven't migrated from 6.x to 7, but is there anywhere in the documents and media portlet where I could find out what user owns a folder? It's trivial to find in the DB, but that doesn't help the customer.

(I can't believe I never thought to look for this before in all the years I've been using Liferay)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Document Library Folder Owner

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14915 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
It is not trivial to find in the database. You might think it is because you look in there (which you shouldn't be doing) and finding a column labeled "owner" or something and assuming therefore that it is actually the folder owner.

Yet, as we have said many times in the forum, Liferay changes the meaning of a column w/o actually changing the database so there can be these kinds of misunderstandings.

The only way through Liferay data is via the API. If the API doesn't have "owner" or "find by owner" then it doesn't exist.
S L B, modificado hace 7 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 28/07/08 Mensajes recientes
The reason I'm asking is because file entries show the uploading user on the file entry details screen which makes it more clear who has the Owner role when you edit file permissions. For folders, the owner role is still listed in the edit permissions pop-up, but it's entirely unclear who has that role for any given folder. I'll just add it somewhere with a jsp hook if it isn't already available.

It may be illogical to have an owner role receive permissions if the objects don't have getowner methods in the API, but I can just look in the permissionschecker code to find out who's actually being checked.
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, modificado hace 6 años.

Expert Mensajes: 396 Fecha de incorporación: 22/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

I have the same problem: where can a user check who owns a folder, in 6.2?

TIA

Fernando