Foros de discusión

Workspace Project need a bundle ?

Francesco Savino, modificado hace 7 años.

Workspace Project need a bundle ?

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/17 Mensajes recientes
Hello , I started just noe to work with Liferay then I think it's better to start directly with new osgi philosophy!
Then , I understood, the first thing is to create a liferay project work space ,but wizard contain option to "download bundle ".
As I am working with downloaded eclipse + Liferay environment , I still need to download a bundle ?

thanks
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Workspace Project need a bundle ?

Regular Member Mensajes: 195 Fecha de incorporación: 5/05/15 Mensajes recientes
yes , you need a server to deploy your project.
Francesco Savino, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Workspace Project need a bundle ? (Respuesta)

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/17 Mensajes recientes
Andy emoticon , but I already have a Portal CE 7 installation with tomcat 8 in place !
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Workspace Project need a bundle ? (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 195 Fecha de incorporación: 5/05/15 Mensajes recientes
ok , you can just add that portal to ide as a server and just don't select "download bundle".
the download bundle is a convenient way to download bundle just inside your liferay workspace.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Workspace Project need a bundle ?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Andy Wu:
ok , you can just add that portal to ide as a server and just don't select "download bundle".
the download bundle is a convenient way to download bundle just inside your liferay workspace.

Francesco, You are correct, technically there is no "need" for the Liferay bundle anymore. In DXP modular development all compileTime dependencies are completely decoupled from the portal bundle.