Foros de discusión

Service Builder - 200 tables existing database

J Marquez, modificado hace 7 años.

Service Builder - 200 tables existing database

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 2/06/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi!
I have my database with around 200 tables. I have to create a Business Layer for sharing functions with other portlets. The business layer I will do with Service Builder. I have a question...
Have I to write a service.xml at first with the definitions of all my 200 tables? Is there any option in this case?
Thank you.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Service Builder - 200 tables existing database

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
No, that's pretty much a necessary starting point.

You're likely going to want to separate the 200 into different xml files and import them into the service.xml holder.

Another technique is to group tables per function group and create separate projects, but this can impose issues if the tables otherwise benefit from being together in one project.

David H Nebinger:
No, that's pretty much a necessary starting point.

You're likely going to want to separate the 200 into different xml files and import them into the service.xml holder.

Another technique is to group tables per function group and create separate projects, but this can impose issues if the tables otherwise benefit from being together in one project.

Uffff, to much work for generate xml files from Informix 200 tables, our database is very big.
Thank you very much David.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Which version are you working with ? In v6.2 I have one portlet devoted to connecting to a non-portal sql db with a service.xml that references each entity/table needed. The service jar then can be shared in consumer portlets, or put in global classpath. In v7, services can be consumed in more flexible ways but on you to decide pros/cons of 200 xml vs 1, or somewhere in between.

Jack Bakker:
Which version are you working with ? In v6.2 I have one portlet devoted to connecting to a non-portal sql db with a service.xml that references each entity/table needed. The service jar then can be shared in consumer portlets, or put in global classpath. In v7, services can be consumed in more flexible ways but on you to decide pros/cons of 200 xml vs 1, or somewhere in between.

Hi!! Liferay 6.1.2-ce-ga3, thank you!