Foros de discusión

Poll Results: Liferay Key Features

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 12 años.

Poll Results: Liferay Key Features

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Attached are the poll results from the Key Liferay Features poll that closed April 27. The results show that (not surprisingly) Web Content Management leads the pack in terms of what you all think are key features. What I found interesting is that Search, Tagging, and Auditing/Tracking got 0 votes! For search and auditing, perhaps this is due to the popularity of using 3rd party extensions for these features. Not sure about tagging. Your thoughts?

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Poll Results: Liferay Key Features

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1228 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi James
I suspect that, when voting, users where thinking in terms of 'good features', instead of 'required key features'.
Taking this approach, I believe that this polling result is quite representative and easy to unserstand.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Victor Zorin:
Hi James
I suspect that, when voting, users where thinking in terms of 'good features', instead of 'required key features'.
Taking this approach, I believe that this polling result is quite representative and easy to unserstand.

Yes, that's why I asked people to think of key features instead of their favorite features.. I was curious what people perceived to be the key features of Liferay.. but perhaps they are key features because they are very useful (and therefore more people use them and consider them 'favorites'). Yeah, that's probably it. I'll need better wording next time!
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

as you've said web content management is THE feature of Liferay so I hope to see some bugfixes regarding the management of web contents, structures and templates e.g.:

LPS-5708: tested with the trunk a week ago the user interfaces are still not synched
LPS-15099: it woud be easier if structure fields would contain localizable labels

Greets Oli
thumbnail

Oliver Bayer:
Hi James,

as you've said web content management is THE feature of Liferay so I hope to see some bugfixes regarding the management of web contents, structures and templates e.g.:

LPS-5708: tested with the trunk a week ago the user interfaces are still not synched
LPS-15099: it woud be easier if structure fields would contain localizable labels

Greets Oli

Neither of these bugs have any Votes! You should log into issues.liferay.com and "Vote" for them. This will put them higher up in the priority queue and get fixed faster (relative to bugs with less votes!).

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

for the first one I cannot vote - maybe because the status is set to unresolved (at least the vote counter does not increase even though it's possible to vote). As Jonas Yuan said in his comment from 3th february there is no patch for this ticket. The second ticket regarding the label for structure field I cannot vote for because I'm the one who reported this issue.

With my first post in this thread I just wanted to turn your attention to these tickets to get this (hopefully) fixed for the 6.1 release emoticon. I think it would be better if your developers have an alternative issue list not depending solely on votes. Otherwise some useful tickets with good ideas can get lost in the huge amount of tickets.

Greets Oli
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
I reopened LPS-5708 and put it into product backlog. The full structure editor needs to be ripped out from web content and put in the structures where it belongs. That is just a huge inconsistency which I raised even before 6.0 release but due to time constraints it was not addressed. It's also related to LPS-7085.

Hi Mika,

thanks for reopening this ticket.

Maybe you can find some time to take a look at my other ticket mentioned above regarding structures too? The idea was that a user should be able to input not only the structure-field-name but a structure-label (multilingual) too. Because now the -internal- structure field name shows up while editing a web content which isn't very useful for non-techy users. A describing multilingual text e.g. "Please insert the header for your text" would be a good usability improvement.

Greets Oli
zahra zarei, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 26/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi
I want to use liferay for a company with 2 kinds of users, and every user has some page for itself which can add content and edit those content,
how should I do that? I use user groups but it seems the content can't be distinct for each user (I want every content has it's structure and template),
and I add the user group to community but whenever I add a user to that community the pages won't create for the user by default , I should add user to user group for that,
can any one help me?

thanks