Foros de discusión

Force to land on home page only, even session time out form private page.

thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, modificado hace 7 años.

Force to land on home page only, even session time out form private page.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I know we can set default landing page and home page from control panel as well as from property file, and I am certainly sure for my below requirement there must be an option in Liferay but I could not find out so asking here emoticon

In my portal (Liferay 6.2 EE ), when user is on private page and session time out occurred , user refresh the page it will land to login page (as current page was private page and guest doest not have view access in it), now after login back it will land on the same page again (private page) from where user initially session out , which is fine behavior but in my case I always want to land on home page only, no matter they were no private page or any other page , after every login they should be redirect on private page only.

what are the options ?

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Force to land on home page only, even session time out form private pag

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
You can use the following portal property

#
    # Set the default landing page path for logged in users relative to the
    # server path. This is the page users are automatically redirected to after
    # logging in. For example, if you want the default landing page to be
    # http://localhost:8080/web/guest/login, set this to /web/guest/login. To
    # activate this feature, set auth.forward.by.last.path to true. To customize
    # the behavior, see com.liferay.portal.events.DefaultLandingPageAction in
    # the "login.events.post" property above.
    #
    # The following variables can be used: ${liferay:screenName} and
    # ${liferay:userId}.
    #
    default.landing.page.path=
thumbnail

Liferay Master Mensajes: 679 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hey Samuel,

Thanks for reply , are you pointing to the same properties we have in Control pane > Portal setting > Default Landing Page

Please find attached screen shot for reference , is this same setup you are talking about but via properties file ? I already have that setup in my local and production server too and it is working fine after login in portal.

but as I have mentioned, this happens when session time out on private page and user refresh the page > it goes to login screen > and after login it will be try to land on the same page which we dont want , we always want to land on default landing page we set on portal setting (control panel ) , irrespective private or public page.

Any idea? or am I missing something something here.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Yes, it's the same property.

Try setting the property 'auth.forward.by.last.path' to false. If that doesn't work, you'll need to write your own landing page action.
thumbnail

Samuel Kong:
Yes, it's the same property.

Try setting the property 'auth.forward.by.last.path' to false. If that doesn't work, you'll need to write your own landing page action.

Thanks Samuel for help,

To resolved my problem auth.forward.by.last.parth should be false but in other hand in order to work default.landing.page.path , auth....last.path must be true , so kind of deadlock in that.

I guess, I will go with your other suggestion to write landing page then.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas