Foros de discusión

Delete users from Liferay when deleted in LDAP

Michael Voss, modificado hace 7 años.

Delete users from Liferay when deleted in LDAP

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 8/12/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,
i am trying to mange some users inside a Liferay 6.2 Portal with LDAP.

While most users have to create an Account the normal way, i want to manage some with LDAP (I want to manage all the Admins of our Company with LDAP, to give them Access to all servers)

Now there are some Problems, one of the biggest is, that Liferay makes a copy of the user once he logged in. If i delete the User in LDAP after his first Login, he still can log in to Liferay. I tried:

ldap.import.user.password.enabled=false (But on the first Login, Liferay wants him to change his password, because i have the standard Password policy in use for the rest of the users)

i am not sure if:
ldap.auth.method=password-compare

will help me. I tried it, but i didnt do the job.

I am sure i am just missing a simple point somewhere.

thanks in Advance
Michael
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Delete users from Liferay when deleted in LDAP

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
If you change LDAP auth to required, that should disable the Liferay login once the LDAP account has been disabled.

The bigger fix, deleting users when they are deleted in LDAP, that's not implemented by Liferay. When I've seen this implemented, usually it requires building an LDAP listener that gets LDAP change events and, in turn, will trigger user deletes using the Liferay API. It's not really Liferay specific code that is the issue, it's very much dependent on your LDAP server and what it supports in this respect.

Thanks for the Answer,
I will look if that listener could work with my LDAP Server.

Another question: If i check LDAP authentication required, will other users that are not in LDAP, but in the Liferay Database, still be able to log in?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
No. If LDAP auth is required, then it is required.

Thanks for the help and the fast Answers.

And have a nice Weekend.