Foros de discusión

Global Server Setttings should be Portal Instance Settings

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Global Server Setttings should be Portal Instance Settings

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
In the "Liferay Portal 6.0 - Administration Guide", there is a section on "Global Server Settings". Reading the content, some of these settings are just portal instance settings are not global throughout all the instances on a server.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/global-server-settings-2

Some content is also wrong.
Example: The statement below is wrong when using Database sharding. The statement should be "All portal data, however, by default is kept in the same database."
All portal data, however, is kept in the same database.

I think the Administrative Guide was written some times ago and does not reflect the functionalities available in the current version of Liferay. As the "Official" guide, it would be better to update it so users would not get misinformed.
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Global Server Setttings should be Portal Instance Settings

Liferay Master Mensajes: 758 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

Again a great contribution from you through all means. I guess you could use the below JIRA component that will get the attention of Rich Sezov rightaway.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS/component/10297
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Shagul, but I would prefer to have somebody else do a more rigorous review on the guide. Some users think what's written in the guide is 100% correct and it become more difficult to argue with them. I'm currently writing up a Japanese guide base on the adminstration guide, wikis, forum posts, and from what I saw on the software. I'll post corrections if I find any and prefer some feedback before creating a jira issue.
thumbnail
Richard Sezov, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

The Admin Guide is intended to be fully up to date and correct. Unfortunately, with a guide that big and with a product that is continually improving, errors do fall through the cracks from time to time. If you find errors, the most helpful thing you can do is report them so we can verify and correct them.

Thanks!

--Rich
thumbnail

Hi Richard,

Understood. The Admin Guide is very comprehensive, and I think it is a great piece of work. Will be looking forward the the revisions. emoticon