Foros de discusión

Theme Generator: doesn't appear to be an app server directory

thumbnail
Jari Fredriksson, modificado hace 7 años.

Theme Generator: doesn't appear to be an app server directory

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 14/09/10 Mensajes recientes
I have a strange problem with creating a new theme for Liferay 7. I was forced to use this "Theme Generator" as the SDK created ant task did not lead to anything.

Now the Theme Generator asks for "Enter path to your app server directory: " and no matter what answer to it it just says "xxx doesn't appear to be an app server directory.

I'm doing this on an Ubuntu PC and the the app server resides in /opt/liferay/liferay-ce-portal* and my Plugin SDK is connected using nfs from my NAS.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Theme Generator: doesn't appear to be an app server directory

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Jari Fredriksson:
I was forced to use this "Theme Generator" as the SDK created ant task did not lead to anything.

The SDK is there for legacy support for portlets, really, I don't think the themes will work there going forward but admittedly I'm not 100% on that one.

Now the Theme Generator asks for "Enter path to your app server directory: " and no matter what answer to it it just says "xxx doesn't appear to be an app server directory.

You want to point at the tomcat root, no the Liferay home.

I'm doing this on an Ubuntu PC and the the app server resides in /opt/liferay/liferay-ce-portal* and my Plugin SDK is connected using nfs from my NAS.

So normally for development I recommend using a local bundle. It's easier to set up and run, you don't have remote issues w/ deployment. After you're done w/ the development, then you can deploy to the main app server and do your testing and promotion as defined by your organization.
thumbnail
Jari Fredriksson, modificado hace 7 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 14/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks. That was it, the app server dir to the tomcat (or wildfly) fixed that. I'm sure that I tried that too, but apparently not.

Happy camper!
thumbnail
Rodrigo Abril, modificado hace 5 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 23/04/18 Mensajes recientes

Hi guys
Sorry to revive old treads, Is there any way to force it to accept a folder as a destination,
We are developing with docker and the mounted folder is obviously not a tomcat server 

thumbnail
Chema Balsas, modificado hace 5 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 127 Fecha de incorporación: 25/02/13 Mensajes recientes

Hey Rodrigo,

We recently added some mitigation for this following the comments in the Generator-Liferay-Theme: Do not insist on app server directory issue. 

We still don't have support for automatic Docker deploy, but if you install the latest 8.0.0-beta.5 version of the generator, you should get an "Other" option when choosing your deployment method, so you should be able to at least move forward.

Hope that helps (a little)

thumbnail
Rodrigo Abril, modificado hace 5 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 23/04/18 Mensajes recientes
Hey Chema, thanks a lot!

Where i can find any info about how to install that version, I installed the Theme Generator with NPM but the theme-sdk is not registered in the npm repository

​​​​​​​Cheers.