Foros de discusión

SO-hook registered but only main portal displayed

Daryl Cogswell, modificado hace 13 años.

SO-hook registered but only main portal displayed

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 18/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi everyone,

I've built Social Office against 6.1 from the repository and deployed all necessary portlets to the point where the console output displays "so-hook registered and ready for use". However, when I browse to the portal, it's still displaying the main portal and not Social Office. I was under the impression that SO "takes over" the portal site.

Have I missed something?

Thanks,
Daryl
Nick Willey, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: SO-hook registered but only main portal displayed

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Daryl,

Are you sure that so-theme is loaded?

Nick

Yes, in fact, I changed from Classic to so-theme to make sure it worked and it displayed the main portal in so-theme.
Nick Willey, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/10 Mensajes recientes
I have not had much experience with SO and Portal 6.x, so I apologize if I can't be of too much help. With that said, I'm curious if so-theme is actually loading. Can you try moving the so-theme directory out of the webapps directory, watching the logs to see that it is successfully unloaded (try refreshing your browser at this point and you should see the default theme), then move the so-theme directory back into the webapps directory. The logs should show it loading successfully.

Nick

You may be on to something. When I put so-theme back in and then browse, this is the output:

Apr 19, 2011 7:16:54 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory so-theme
19:16:54,329 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1081] Reading plugin package for so-theme
19:16:54,330 WARN  [PluginPackageUtil:1040] Plugin package on context so-theme cannot be tracked because this WAR does not contain a liferay-plugin-package.xml file
19:16:54,373 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:79] Registering themes for so-theme
19:16:54,383 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:90] 1 theme for so-theme is available for use
19:16:54,384 INFO  [HotDeployUtil:101] Deploying so-hook from queue
19:16:54,384 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1081] Reading plugin package for so-hook
19:16:54,492 INFO  [HookHotDeployListener:470] Registering hook for so-hook
Loading file:/home/daryl/workspace/bundles/liferay-social-office-trunk/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/so-hook/WEB-INF/classes/portal.properties
19:16:55,237 INFO  [HookHotDeployListener:890] Hook for so-hook is available for use
19:18:12,887 ERROR [ThemeUtil:268] so-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.vm does not exist
19:18:12,988 ERROR [ThemeUtil:268] so-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.vm does not exist
19:18:12,993 ERROR [ThemeUtil:268] so-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portal_normal.vm does not exist
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 28/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Daryl,

For Social Office 2.0 we're changing the paradigm so that when deployed it will work along side Liferay Portal (so please do not be alarmed when you hit your instance you're seeing Liferay Portal!). The reason why we took this approach is because we've been getting many questions on how to customize Social Office and we've had no answer. But instead of ignoring so many requests, we've set off to fix many of the complaints and to address many of the questions we've been getting. And by doing so, we've opened up Social Office for tons of customizations by opening all Liferay Portal control back up (this includes the "guest" community) to administrators.

So, if you head on over to the "Home" site via the "Goto" menu on the dock bar you'll find the spring board for all your Social Office functions. We're still a ways out from completing our development so please pardon some of the rough areas.

- Ryan

First, thanks to Nick for his help.

Ryan, thanks, it didn't even occur to me to try and create a site.

I think the move to the SO Site Template was a very good one.