Foros de discusión

Liferay Performance Issue

karthik reddy, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Performance Issue

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 8/04/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

Is there any way to increase the performance of the liferay other than modifying the ext.properties. To construct home page it is delaying so please help me to solve the performance issue.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay Performance Issue

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
karthik reddy:
Is there any way to increase the performance of the liferay [...]?

Yes

karthik reddy:
[...]please help me to solve the performance issue.

When and where do we meet?

Seriously: The way to tune any system is to identify the greatest bottleneck (or is that the smallest?), fix it, then rinse/repeat. If your system is almost out of memory: that needs to be fixed. If it doesn't make good use of caches: Fix that. If the database is screaming and 100% busy: That's it. And there are many other things that might be saturated. Performance tuning in a forum post (especially given with the description "is delayed") is almost impossible.

Hi Olaf Kock,

Thanks for quick reply. It looks like DB and memory looks fine. Do you have steps to implement cache which can improve performance. Any pointers for the same?

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik

Please let me know the possibilities to improve the performance via cache implementation
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Did you figure out that the use (or lack of use) of cache is the bottleneck? If it isn't, this won't help you much.

In case this is on Liferay 6.2 you might want to download the performance whitepaper, which gives you a few ideas of what to look for