Foros de discusión

Compliling Source

thumbnail
William Fleming, modificado hace 13 años.

Compliling Source

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
I recently compiled the trunk code fine and then today i pulled down the 6.0.6 source and attempted to use juans patch on it which work fine then as soon as i attempt to go through the deploy phase then it gives me this error.

Tomcat is not installed in ./../bundles/tomcat-6.0.29. If you already have Tomcat
installed, make sure the property "${app.server.tomcat.dir}" points to your
Tomcat installation. If you wish to automatically install Tomcat into
./../bundles/tomcat-6.0.29, then run "ant -buildfile build-dist.xml unzip-tomcat".

Before when I complied it, when I deployed it unzipped tomcat for me inside the bundles folder which I had created and dropped Liferay-6.0.29 and it work fine. now even if I create the folder and unzip tomcat it still gives me the error that it cant find tomcat where am i going wrong? I worked the first time with trunk but doesnt seem to work with the 6.0.6 version im very new to eclipse and have only really began to find my way about it.

Thanks
William
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Compliling Source

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
It means you haven't set variable "app.server.tomcat.dir" to your tomcat directory. In should be set in the build.{user name}.properties file. I usually specify an absolute path.
thumbnail
William Fleming, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Yes thanks for the reply I got it fixed earlier was just a stupid error in my app.server.tomcat.dir like you said.

Thanks
William
Silvano Fari, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 58 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Can't I compile the source without deploying into tomcat. I just want to build a new portal.war file. I am not using Tomcat!
How can I do that?
thumbnail
Arcko Duan, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 213 Fecha de incorporación: 15/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Current build script for creating liferay war file requires at least one app server(actually requiring the libs in it).
Silvano Fari, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 58 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Arcko
I got a successfull build with my own app.server.USER.properties (http://www.liferay.com/de/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/517726).
There I get a liferay-portal folder in the faked app server. How can I build a complete war file out of it? Is there a build script to do that? I made ant all so expected to get all, but I must have missed something :-(
Best Regards
Silvano