Foros de discusión

Liferay 7 Clustering

kiran kumar, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay 7 Clustering

Junior Member Mensajes: 62 Fecha de incorporación: 4/07/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Team,

What is the diffrence we can find out the liferay 6.2 to liferay dxp(7) clustering.

Is that same as liferay 6.2 and diffrence, If diffrence can you give me a short me for me.

Waiting for response .

Regards
Kiran
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay 7 Clustering

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
kiran kumar:
What is the diffrence we can find out the liferay 6.2 to liferay dxp(7) clustering.

Is that same as liferay 6.2 and diffrence, If diffrence can you give me a short me for me.

https://web.liferay.com/en/web/bryan.cheung/blog/-/blogs/liferay-portal-7-ce-app-server-database-clustering-support

HI Olak,

I am Using Liferay DXP EE . Is that same steps for clustering(liferay 6.2), same steps for 6. or diffrenct for DXP?

Regards
Kiran
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
They are the same for DXP, Kiran. Still leverages jgroups so the common ping methods can still establish your cluster. I guess one difference is that you do not need to download a module from marketplace for optimized cluster messaging.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Sorry, I've just seen the 7 and reacted without thinking further... You can also find more DXP related documentation on https://customer.liferay.com/, there should be something about clustering.

Hi David,

Thanks for valuable information , Thanks Olaf,

ehcache.cluster.link.replication.enabled=true this is for liferay 6.2. Now liferay using elastic search.

what is configuration for elastic seach cluster?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
For that you have to drill into the ES documentation...
thumbnail
Nebojsa Dukanovic, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/12 Mensajes recientes
sorry Mr Neblinger., if you know the answer than post it - if you post only to rise number of your comments than plese leave.. unusefull message is not what need
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 6 años.

Nebojsa Dukanovic:
sorry Mr Neblinger., if you know the answer than post it - if you post only to rise number of your comments than plese leave.. unusefull message is not what need

Nebojsa, I am not hiding information nor trying to increase my post count - I'm already #1 and have no reason to artificially increase the count.

The question was how to cluster ES. First that is not really a direct Liferay issue, but more importantly, proper setup, administration and maintenance of an ES cluster is a skill all of it's own.

Elastic.co and others actually do full-on training on how to manage your ES infrastructure including the clustering, replication issues, read/write setups, etc. Their website is full of documentation covering these details.

Heck, I think there are even books and online training for ES admin.

So it is not like there is a little property you change somewhere for a valid cluster, I know that property yet at the same time am keeping the details to myself.

Setting up, administering and maintaining an ES cluster can be a complex thing, but it also involves decision making at the implementation site to determine which features are necessary and which are not.

So yes, in order to set up an ES cluster you should at the very least go and review their documentation. It will be the only way to know, for sure, that you have a cluster set up, that the cluster is configured correctly, that documents are being replicated correctly, ...