Foros de discusión

Roadmap

Geert REMAUT, modificado hace 13 años.

Roadmap

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 4/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hello there,
I'm totally new to Liferay SO, but I'm impressed with the ease off use.
Like to have an idea off the roadmap.
I see that new versions are pending, the latest release is from 2010, everything is ready, but no new releases are released.
When can I expect a new relaese and what will be it's new features.
Thanks for your reactions.

Geert
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Roadmap

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 28/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Geert,

Sorry for the delayed response. Social Office 1.x has been releasing for EE Customers for quite some time and has refined a lot of items from the CE release. The next planned version of Social Office CE will be version 2.0.

Here are a few notable features planned for Social Office 2.0,

- Social Office will now extend Liferay Portal functionality instead of overwriting so that users can have the flexibility of Liferay Portal but the simplicity of Social Office.
- A contacts center to quickly see contact details and manage buddies.
- A private messaging system.
- An improved Message Boards home view designed to help give new topics more visibility.

Best, Ryan
Geert REMAUT, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 4/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Can you ut dates on in ?
When can i expect release ? Release date ?
I'm also evaluating Liferay Portal.
Collaboration is better in Social Office.
Portal is better in Liferay.
Why not combine both ?
Could it be possible to link extranet en website to Social Office or do you advise Social Office only for collaboration and Liferay Portal for portal ?
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 28/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Geert

The expected release date for Social Office 2.0 is July.

In its current implementation (Social Office 1.x) it is best to have a separate instance for Social Office as a collaboration and Liferay Portal to use as a portal. However, in 2.0 we are merging these two ideas so that you can use Liferay Portal to drive your portal needs and use Social Office to speed along collaboration withing your company.

Best,
-Ryan
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 758 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Ryan. Is there a wiki or something that will provide insight into what's coming up?
thumbnail

Hi Shangul,

There isn't a page that will outline the upcoming improvements. The only place I can refer you to at the moment is the current release notes. However, these will be continuously changing as features\fixes\improvments get checked in until we cut the release.

Best,
Ryan
Markus Blunk, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ryan,

will the 2.0 Version be available for the community, too.
We are checking out 1.5b and there are a lot of bugs.
I noticed that your enterprise version is version 1.6 with some features more.
It is not true that the community edition is the latest version and the enterprise/commercial one is the stable.
For the last months the enterprise is the only one which is developed.

Thank you.
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modificado hace 12 años.

Markus Blunk:
Hi Ryan,

It is not true that the community edition is the latest version and the enterprise/commercial one is the stable.

Thank you.

Fortunately YES! Social Office 2.0 will arrive first as a CE followed by an EE. We're aiming for a July/August release and we've reworked the release cycle so that it is inline with Liferay Portal's. We hope that this will mean the community and enterprise users alike can expect regular updates.
Mélanie Gauthier, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 12/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Those are great news! I can wait to see that new release.

Mélanie
Trevor Townsend, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 11/05/11 Mensajes recientes
I have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing Social Office 2.0. I'm planning on building my consulting website with Liferay Portal, and then have a Social Office behind an SSO login for my clients and associates to collaborate on our projects. Should be a nice setup!!

Cheers,
Trevor.
thumbnail
Hennie de Villiers, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 78 Fecha de incorporación: 1/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Trevor

Interesting.

Do you think one will be able to set it up that it uses google for SSO authentication?

Cheers Hennie,

At this point, I'm not really sure. Realistically speaking, my implementation will be small as I'm a bit of a niche consultant who works with associates on ocassion. I'll most likely build a Portal website then link to Social Office through the portal. I might, depending on what my info management needs actually are when I finish my evaluation, just go with SO and a simple, flat brochure website.

Trevor
thumbnail
Karim HJ, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Ryan Park:
Markus Blunk:
Hi Ryan,

Thank you.

Fortunately YES! Social Office 2.0 will arrive first as a CE followed by an EE. We're aiming for a July/August release and we've reworked the release cycle so that it is inline with Liferay Portal's. We hope that this will mean the community and enterprise users alike can expect regular updates.

Any news about this release Social0ffice 2.0, still planned for July/August ?

Cheers Ryan,

We haven't heard anything in a while about the release of SO 2.0 - I'm anxiously awaiting this because I will be 1) immediately assessing it's capabilit/stability, and 2) deploying a beta for use by my clients.

We're all wondering what the release date is - can you please tell us? There's some planning that is dependant on that date.

Thanks and keep up the terrific work!!

Trevor.
thumbnail
Frank Pientka, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 12/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Is there a possibility to get the Contact Center Portlet for SOS 2.0 CE before 2.0.1 EE SP1 Release Date: 06/Jan/12 e.x. as BETA?
Regards
Frank
Timmy M., modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 34 Fecha de incorporación: 2/03/10 Mensajes recientes
You could always check out the source from the trunk, and compile it yourself.