Foros de discusión

Organizations "missing"

thumbnail
Erik Forsström, modificado hace 13 años.

Organizations "missing"

Junior Member Mensajes: 59 Fecha de incorporación: 25/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Another weird issue for me. This time it's regarding Organizations.

We recently moved our Liferay installation from server A to server B. We didn't perform an actual install, but we copied the whole directory structure and dumped the MySQL-database as such to the new server. After fixing a mysql-user -problem the server went up and has been working perfectly, except for one exception.

Organizations are not showing on the Portal --> Organizations list. Not one.

They are actually there. All the pages load normally, document library works fine, the users are still members of their organizations, but the organizations can't be found when I click Portal --> Organizations. If I for example try to add a user to a specific Organization by editing the User, it works fine. The organizations get listed as they are supposed to.

In every other respect the organizations are working fine except the actual Organization list. The main problem is, that I can't actually delete any organizations now. Or edit their information. Can anyone offer any insight why this is so? Did I break something when importing the mysql database as such from the previous server?

Could different language settings effect this? Or creating new users...?

Thanks for any insight into this :-)

EDIT: I think this one should have been in the "Using Liferay" -category. Sorry about that. Any admin - feel free to move this, if necessary.
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Organizations "missing" (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 535 Fecha de incorporación: 16/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Can you try re-indexing from control panel?
thumbnail

RE: Organizations "missing"

I tried "Server Administration" --> Reindex all search indexes, but unfortunately it didn't seem to effect anything. :-/
thumbnail

RE: Organizations "missing"

Thank you, Manish! Actually your answer did solve the problem!

It appeared we had some problems with file permissions because after we tried running Liferay as root, I managed to reindex as you suggested and after that the Organizations all showed up. While trying to reindex as a normal user (which was supposed to have all the permissions) it only returned a huge error stacktrace and didn't do anything.

Thank you! Still need to figure out a few quirks with the file permissions, looks like!