Foros de discusión

How to install Liferay SDK in liferay IDE ?

Viktor Dzundza, modificado hace 7 años.

How to install Liferay SDK in liferay IDE ?

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 16/09/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi everyone,

Currently, I've found only information for Liferay 6 but not 7.

I guess I need to configure Liferay SDK with Liferay IDE so I'll be able to create a portlet properly. When I am creating the portlet I see this error

Does anyone can help me to resolve this issue?
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: How to install Liferay SDK in liferay IDE ?

Regular Member Mensajes: 144 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/16 Mensajes recientes
Hey Victor,

I guess u just choose to new a Liferay Portlet without creating a Liferay Plugin Project. So u can create a Liferay Plugin Project first and then new a Liferay Portlet into that project. I am using SDK 6.2 and Liferay IDE 3.0.1 and it did't have that error. For the SDK config file, you can refer to this answer. Hope that would be help.
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: How to install Liferay SDK in liferay IDE ?

Regular Member Mensajes: 144 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/16 Mensajes recientes
As for importing sdk into Liferay IDE, you can choose File->Import->Liferay Plugins SDK Directory to do that. If u still have any question, please feel free to ask.emoticon
thumbnail
James Hinkey, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: How to install Liferay SDK in liferay IDE ? (Respuesta)

Junior Member Mensajes: 62 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Viktor,

To develop traditional (WAR-based plugins) in Liferay IDE, it's best to do so in a Liferay Workspace.

1. Create a Liferay Workspace (either in Liferay IDE or using Blade CLI).

2. Copy your Plugins SDK 7.0 into the Liferay Workspace root folder.

3. Liferay Workspace expects the Plugins SDK folder to be called plugins-sdk by default. So either make sure to name/rename the Plugins SDK folder to plugins-sdk or uncomment and update the liferay.workspace.plugins.sdk.dir property to your SDK's name in Workspace's gradle.properties file.

4. From the Liferay Workspace root, execute gradlew tasks to install Gradle tasks for running on the Plugins SDK.

5. Import the Liferay Workspace Project (the Liferay Workspace folder) into Liferay IDE via the wizard available at File > Import > Liferay > Liferay Workspace Project. Note that the import may take a while.