Foros de discusión

Deploy 6.2 war on Liferay 7 tomcat bundle

John Plaschke, modificado hace 7 años.

Deploy 6.2 war on Liferay 7 tomcat bundle

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/14 Mensajes recientes
I downloaded the bundle and have a empty liferay 7 running.

How do I deploy old 6.2 wars to Liferay 7?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Deploy 6.2 war on Liferay 7 tomcat bundle

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You can't. You have to upgrade them to be 7.0 compatible.

Good news, though, there's going to be sessions at the LSNA next week that will give you tools to help make this happen.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

I have everything compiled using LR 7.
Put portlet-kernel in my pom.xml, etc

Can I basically port old LR 6.2 plugins to LR 7?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Don't forget the version info in liferay-plugin-package.properties, but otherwise yes as long as the code compiles using LR7, you can build and deploy the war.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have been reading your posts for others and they have been very helpful.

Hi David,
I am having issues with getting things to run. We have a custom theme, use hooks and have portlets that use 6.2 service builder.

Do you think it would be better just to port all the code to use Liferay 7.0 and OSGI? Basically bring a bare bones LR7 up and then just add our themes, portlets, etc one by one?

I think our hooks for the login portlet are not working.

Thanks
John
thumbnail

The theme should be rebuilt using the 7.0 tools. Liferay does have a theme upgrade tool which may help here, but I haven't used it yet myself.

Hooks are likely going to be rewritten as 7.0 OSGi modules. There's no real upgrade path here, you need to tackle these one at a time.

The portlets can be upgraded to use LR7 APIs and still deployed as wars and Liferay will redo them as WABs instead. Even the SB-based portlets can be upgraded this way.

Thanks a lot.
It seems like I am pretty close I used the tools to upgrade the theme.

The top page of the site shows up but I think because of the hooks it is not coming up completely. Just wanted to know your thoughts. We are thinking of moving to 7.0 EE and currently think it might be best to convert to OSGI even though it will be a lot of work.

What do you think?
thumbnail

Themes yes, hooks yes, but portlets? Depends.

If you have, say, two portlets then converting to OSGi is more of a learning experience that may serve you well.

If you have, say, twenty portlets, then converting to OSGI is going to be a lot of work that may not be necessary since Liferay supports deploying portlet wars as legacy portlets.

In general I think this would be the best path for most Liferay installs, migrate your portlets to a 7.0 SDK but keep building them as wars, then take on any new development using OSGi.
Antoine Grinenwald, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 12/10/16 Mensajes recientes
Hey ,

Sorry to dig this old topic, but I have a similar question.
I downloaded liferay 7, generated a new theme and started it with my 6.2 portlets inside the /deploy.
I got no error. I know it is not suppose to work, but how can I know what to modify ?
Is there a list somewhere that exist, without going through the upgrade tool SDK 7, to update a portlet ?
I read the liferay post to migrate from 6.2 to 7.0 but I don't have much knowledge about liferay and I can't find some step by step clear guide.

There are a LOT of changes from 7.0 to 6 for liferay.
It is not easy at all. I have been developing on Liferay for over 2 years. Depending on how big the LR 6 project is, it might be better to start from scratch.

Yes not the answer you want. Personally, my company decided to delay moving to LR 7 for now
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 549 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi John,

Please take a look at the documentation related to how to upgrade plugins to Liferay 7:
https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/upgrading-plugins-to-liferay-7

Regards.
thumbnail

Milestone 1 of the Liferay IDE 3.1 is supposed to be out today too. It includes a new "upgrade assistant" feature which can help you upgrade your legacy SDK to Liferay 7.

I did a session on it in the LSNA last October. It will definitely help point out those things that need to change.