Foros de discusión

Gogo Shell to remote host

Julian Pfeil, modificado hace 7 años.

Gogo Shell to remote host

Junior Member Mensajes: 72 Fecha de incorporación: 1/03/16 Mensajes recientes
Upfront: I am not sure if this is the right section for this kind of topic, so please move the topic if required.

My Question:
When trying to connect to the gogo shell on a remote liferay server (not localhost) i recieve the error as in the picture attached: "... Connection refused: connect".

I am not sure, but i think this is a security feature, because there is no need to enter a password when connection to a localhost gogo shell.

So what do i need to do in order to (securely - not mandatory) connect gogo shell to a remote host?

Kind Regards,
Julian
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Gogo Shell to remote host (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Try configuring module.framework.properties.osgi.console in portal.properties:
module.framework.properties.osgi.console=localhost:11311

Try changing localhost with the public IP

Important: do not change it in preproduction or production environments as everybody will be able to connect to gogo console without password and execute anything with admin privileges.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Gogo Shell to remote host (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
I'd advise against binding gogo shell to anything other than localhost.

Rather ssh into your machine and connect to localhost from there, or use regular ssh port-forwarding. However: If your server is on Windows, I don't know what your options are. In the ancient past we've used the sysinternals tools to remote-execute commands on a windows box.

Life got easier when we figured out that "CMD" is one of the programs that one could run remotely (and then just use the shell). Life got harder again when a Sysadmin was wondering what all of those CMD processes were that were running long-lasting processes. ;)