Foros de discusión

Liferay installation without a Web Server

Bulent K, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay installation without a Web Server

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/16 Mensajes recientes
Is a Web Server required by Liferay Application Server? I understand it can provide significant performance and security benefits, but our environment has other components for TLS termination, static content caching and load balancing. Are there successful examples of running the Application Server without a Web Server in front?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay installation without a Web Server

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Bulent K:
Is a Web Server required by Liferay Application Server? I understand it can provide significant performance and security benefits, but our environment has other components for TLS termination, static content caching and load balancing. Are there successful examples of running the Application Server without a Web Server in front?

It's not required, but recommended. However, it doesn't need to be a webserver per se - as you say you have TLS-termination, content caching and load balancing already in place, those are the tasks that I'd assign to a webserver. You might name the component(s) differently, but those are exactly the things that should be there.

But even then, the keyword is should. It's not required, just recommended to have these tasks been taken care of. And you seem to have this in place.