Foros de discusión

Japan region showing ?????? for web content translation liferay 6.2

thumbnail
Naresh Reddy Kallamadi, modificado hace 7 años.

Japan region showing ?????? for web content translation liferay 6.2

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 9/07/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

Recently I upgraded liferay 6.1 EE to Liferay 6.2.10.15 EE and I have a web content translations for english , japan.
When I changed to japan site (We are providing multi language support to site) all the content o page is displaying ??????? for everything on japan site.

Can any one have thoughts on it?

Thanks,
Naresh kallamadi.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Japan region showing ?????? for web content translation liferay 6.2

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
As encoding can go wrong on so many levels: I'm assuming that either the upgraded database or the app server or operating system or webserver is configured differently from the one you had before - with regards to encoding. And I might have missed one or two layers here.

Start looking at the components that you've changed - e.g. if you're still running on exactly the same database and schema that you've had on 6.1, the encoding probably didn't change. If you moved to a different schema, make sure that it's configured as UTF-8. Go up the stack from there (or start with the components that you're most comfortable with). There is no correct order to check and no component that sticks out IMHO.