Foros de discusión

Liferay.Session (Javascript object)

thumbnail
Brett Lewinski, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay.Session (Javascript object)

Junior Member Mensajes: 54 Fecha de incorporación: 4/05/11 Mensajes recientes
Greetings -

Anybody know if the Liferay.Session (Javascript object) was disabled or turned off by Liferay via a patch. We noticed it is undefined on a few of our instances but do not believe it is anything we did.

Thanks
Brett
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay.Session (Javascript object)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Certainly it has not been disabled, it is a critical portion of browser-side session management.

Come meet me at the LSNA!
thumbnail
Chema Balsas, modificado hace 7 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 127 Fecha de incorporación: 25/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Brett,

The Liferay.Session object is only instantiated if the user has not yet signed in or if having done so, didn't check the Remember Me option.

You can see this here
thumbnail
Massimiliano Assante, modificado hace 7 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,
thanks for pointing this out, I was wondering why the Liferay.Session object is not instantiated when the user checks the Remember Me option.

Is it so because the session would never expire if the user checked the Remember Me option? thanks
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Remember me only applies to the process of logging in - it has nothing to do with auto-extending sessions.
thumbnail

Thanks for you swift reply David, however you probably didn't answer my question, i'll try to reformulate better.

Fact: Liferay.Session (Javascript) object is not instantiated when the user checks the remember me option. This is not a bug, is a feature, but what's the reason for it?

I mean, If Remember me only applies to the process of logging in as you say, which makes sense, then why you (Liferay team) decided to not instantiate the Liferay.Session (Javascript) object if Remember me is checked. Why is this unnecessary? If the session expires the users is not warned in that case.

p.s.
For my specific use case I have overridden the session timeout.jsp so that Liferay.Session (Javascript) object is instantiated regardless remember me checked.
thumbnail

What settings do you have for the session in portal-ext.properties? Have you disabled the reminder and/or auto extend option?
thumbnail

HI David,
none of the 2. I have the default settings for remember me and auto extend, I do want people to use remember me if they wish to.