Foros de discusión

Improved translation to Vietnamese

thumbnail
Hiển Tuấn Ngô, modificado hace 13 años.

Improved translation to Vietnamese

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/11 Mensajes recientes
This is for a translation into Vietnamese for Liferay Portal and Social Office 1.5b (Tiếng Việt cho Liferay Portal) or above. The version before this contribution has not completed yet because the previous translation was just as an experiment.
I highly appreciate your feedback and your comments so that Liferay portal and Social Office might benefit Vietnamese in many ways.
Good luck!
Ngo Tuan Hien, E-MPA
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Improved translation to Vietnamese

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Where is it?
Thanks!
thumbnail

I've just done the translation for the language_vi.properties.native file.
I am looking for the native2ascii tool as developer guide but it is not included in the Eclipse Helios.
Any guides for the next steps?
Thanks for your help!
Ngo Tuan Hien
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hello Hiển,

thanks a lot for your efforts. We really appreciate your work translating liferay and contributing it to us.

The file that you translated was quite old (actually, that file doesn't exit anymore) and it was very hard to apply your changes the current file of the Vietnamese translation. I have been applying the keys that were still valid but it's been a hard work and I would like to avoid having this problem in the future if possible.

I would like to invite you to become the Leader of the Vietnamese translation and keep a closer relationship with you, so that we can keep the translation updated more often. If you accept to become the leader of this translation and other people try to modify it I would first ask you to approve their changes. As a requirement, you should be subscribed to the Translation forums so that you get all the notifications.

The latest version of the Vietnamese translation can be found here: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content/Language_vi.properties

Thanks a lot for the contribution and let me know if you accept to become the Vietnamese Leader!
thumbnail

Hi Julio Camarero,
Thank you for your information about the Vietnamese translation.
The weird is that I thought the Vietnamese attached file was included with the updated keys. I am looking for the reasons why the Social Office 1.5b is still not completed after I have updated a new translation. emoticon
I will download new file and work on it soon.
Thank you for your feedback.
Ngo Tuan Hien
PS. It is fine if you want me to be the Leader of the Vietnamese translation. I am working on it now.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Ok, thanks a lot for accepting the leadership emoticon

Regarding Social Office, keep in mind that Social Office uses the language.properties file from Liferay Portal, but it is not built on the most updated version (but the previous one). That means that if you improve the translations in the file I sent you (with the latest changes), the next version of Social Office will use that language keys, but not the current one.
thumbnail

Hi Julio Camarero,
I found many keys ending by "(Automatic copy)".
Do I have to translate this phrase at the end of each key? I am afraid of this phrase having added automatically by your tool.
Regards,
Ngo Tuan Hien
thumbnail

Hi Hiển,

we add this key automatically at the end so that it is easy for you to find the new keys everytime we add them. When translating a sentece, just remove it.

Thanks a lot